• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I've always been of the thought that carry in a hospital within Maryland was a no go for someone that has a permit. Was digging through some stuff and was unable to find anything prohibiting it. Can anyone verify????

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've always been of the thought that carry in a hospital within Maryland was a no go for someone that has a permit. Was digging through some stuff and was unable to find anything prohibiting it. Can anyone verify????

Not as far as I know.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    That is one of the problems if we ever have a carry state (restrictions aside). The do's and don'ts (more precisely the dont's) are often hidden in mysterious places in Maryland. If Maryland ever goes to a non-prohibitive state, or maybe now for those that carry, there should be some central place someone can look to determine where they can and can't carry and some central or uniform mechanism to give proper notice. Some states use stickers or signs on premises, etc.. An example is the gov't owned public building restriction in Maryland. It is not for all gov't owned public buildings but the ones that are administered by Maryland GSA. Then you have to cross-reference GSA jurisdiction to find what buildings that includes. It is like doing a treasure hunt to find out how to comply with the law.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That is one of the problems if we ever have a carry state (restrictions aside). The do's and don'ts (more precisely the dont's) are often hidden in mysterious places in Maryland. If Maryland ever goes to a non-prohibitive state, or maybe now for those that carry, there should be some central place someone can look to determine where they can and can't carry and some central or uniform mechanism to give proper notice. Some states use stickers or signs on premises, etc.. An example is the gov't owned public building restriction in Maryland. It is not for all gov't owned public buildings but the ones that are administered by Maryland GSA. Then you have to cross-reference GSA jurisdiction to find what buildings that includes. It is like doing a treasure hunt to find out how to comply with the law.

Have no fear if MD is every made to go Shall Issue the General Assembly will put the "No Gun Signs" enforceable by arrest.

They will go kicking and screaming. Right now we should be relatively thankful that MD doesn't really limit permit holders from carry in most places (schools, certain gov't buildings, while "under the influence") and let it be.

If folks ask to clarify repeatedly like with some of the gun laws you can bet signs will be enforceable.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Have no fear if MD is every made to go Shall Issue the General Assembly will put the "No Gun Signs" enforceable by arrest.

They will go kicking and screaming. Right now we should be relatively thankful that MD doesn't really limit permit holders from carry in most places (schools, certain gov't buildings, while "under the influence") and let it be.

If folks ask to clarify repeatedly like with some of the gun laws you can bet signs will be enforceable.

Don't forget state parks and child care centers. The first one is rather irksome.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not only will the MGA make the posting of signs and ignoring them a crime, if National Reciprocity passes (either version) the MGA will quadruple the list of places that will be banned for carry.

We can't have peaceful, law abiding citizens walking around obeying the law while carrying an inanimate object in a hospital.

:sarcasm:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Be discrete, or hospital security will likely ask you to leave, then there could be a trespass issue, but otherwise not unlawful or a GFZ by statute or regulation.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    I work in an outpatient center for one of the local Baltimore hospitals. We've had a couple people come in carrying that asked what they should do with their firearm and practically cause a melt down here. The boss was notified both times and the one time, they actually called the police in. So now, the supposed policy is unless they are law enforcement, we call security who then comes to our office and tells the patient that weapons are not permitted on the premises. They can take the weapon home and come back, but we can't do the exam while they have it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I work in an outpatient center for one of the local Baltimore hospitals. We've had a couple people come in carrying that asked what they should do with their firearm and practically cause a melt down here. The boss was notified both times and the one time, they actually called the police in. So now, the supposed policy is unless they are law enforcement, we call security who then comes to our office and tells the patient that weapons are not permitted on the premises. They can take the weapon home and come back, but we can't do the exam while they have it.

Jesus. Glad my office is 2A friendly.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

So what happens if they are brought in by 911?? Kinda hard to take a weapon home if medically unable to travel..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom