• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfdad

Older Shootin' Geek
    Mar 2, 2011
    Earth, I think..........
    Well, now 444 days since my initial concealed carry application went in. I was denied at both my initial interview in Annapolis and at my informal review in Reisterstown, however, the HPRB unanimously voted 5-0 to overturn the MSP decision and issue an unrestricted permit, however, that was 120 days ago. A very civil letter to first, the Chairman of the HPRB, Mr. Bob Wilson (signed for on 21 November) with no answer, then a very civil letter to Governor Hogan (signed for on 19 December, of course, by the mail room), again, with no answer, both sent via certified mail.

Just wanted to post an update.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I'm at a loss for words. Fourteen months and still no final approval?! I feel for ya, brother. I can't wait to move back to VA.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I'm quite sure the MSP license division, HPRB members, and the governors office know full well of all these ridiculous delays yet they do nothing to correct them. It's quite obvious they don't give a crap about law abiding citizens. But just wait till Hogan gets re-elected and all this will change. :rolleyes:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Did you get a letter about their decision from the HPRB? The same letter goes to MSP and starts the 30 day clock. Sounds like the HPRB dropped the ball if that didn't happen.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

straightravage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2017
    I am in the same boat as the poster. I attended the HPRB and had them over turn MSP denial on 07 Nov 2017. I reached out several times. Although, I did receive an email response and it stated that they are awaiting several letters from the board and I would get an update as soon as they do.
    So I feel the posters pain!
    I was told that the permit will have the date of issue when MSP receives the letter from the board. Better than a date of 05 Jan 2017.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maybe the MSP is hoping for some fun and games by the GA, and hanging fire until the session is over?

DSBartender

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 12, 2016
    Waldorf
    After all of the hoops you have to jump through to apply and appeal and they can’t get their standard business processes down? This is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Doesn't matter who is responsible for the hold up. It's complete bull---t. There is no acceptable excuse for it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Doesn't matter who is responsible for the hold up. It's complete bull---t. There is no acceptable excuse for it.

I totally agree with you, but even in this short thread the MSP LD, members of the HPRB and probably Hogan himself have been blamed. All I'm saying is vent the frustration at those who actually are causing the back log.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    This, and based on what I've seen in the past it is most likely not even the members of the HPRB, but either AAG Legum or the administrative staff at DPSCS.
    Absolutely correct. For those unfamiliar with what truly happens
    1. Chairman drafts letter
    2. Letter is distributed to members of the HPRB, AAG Legum, and (forget his name....DSPCS)
    3. AAG and DPSCS review letter from a legal aspect and make recommendations to the chairman. (This is likely where the holdup is)
    4. Chairman makes modifications to letter
    5. Board votes on letter
    6. DPSCS admin mail letter to MSP and applicant
    7. MSP AAG reviews letter and decides whether or not to appeal.
    8. If no appeal, MSP issues permit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    2. Letter is distributed to members of the HPRB, AAG Legum, and (forget his name....DSPCS)
    3. AAG and DPSCS review letter from a legal aspect and make recommendations to the chairman. (This is likely where the holdup is)
    5. Board votes on letter

:bs:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    5. Board votes on letter

Yep, that right there. It is the same in other Maryland agencies that hold tribunals with a panel of volunteers making the call. Think a bit when you feel like pestering at this stage, may not be prudent. That was advice from an excellent attorney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom