• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    2nd year in a row I did not get selected. Good luck to all that did!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Swing and another miss! Thanks Chris for posting.

Bummer. Me too. Will try again next year (third attempt).

The range of DNR ID numbers that I'm in always seems to be a dead zone (in the middle of a 10,000 number gap this time), whereas some of the early numbers will have multiple hits every 1,000 or so numbers. I presume the earlier DNR ID numbers are ones that have been entered more times for the lottery in the past, given the bear hunt lottery in MD started in 2004.

I pulled the graphic below from an article in the Cumberland Times-News (also linked below) to give a sense of how many are competing for lottery tickets. Apparently there are 750 permits this year, and if applicants are around 5,000, about 1 in 7 should be successful (skewed to those with more lottery points/entries) ...

http://www.times-news.com/news/mary...cle_ff869820-7bf9-11e5-bdc2-8b3e99b72741.html

55fec6e15721b.image.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have been putting in for many years, I probably had somewhere around 10 bonus points from failure to draw over those years. I think that is likely how I hit it this time around.. back to square 1 after this season.. :lol2:

01m6ta

Jul 12, 2012
    I got one! Was my 4th year in it. Hunted it last year on my brothers tag and no i'm gonna repay the favor. Hopefully we will actually get one down this. Been seeing a bunch on trail camera.

Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    I have been buying the bear lottery for years and finally got one. Anyone that can take a junior hunter this year I'd be glad to add as subpermittees. If more than one group wants to go I'll flip coin/RNG to choose. I will be hunting so we'd have to coordinate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom