• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    30 years ago tonight the last Sears, Receivers , Trigger packs ect , ect,ect. were being faxed to ATF in a mad frenzy to make the last of the transferable machine guns that will ever be here in the states. MAY 19th 1986 !!

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    30 years ago tonight the last Sears, Receivers , Trigger packs ect , ect,ect. were being faxed to ATF in a mad frenzy to make the last of the transferable machine guns that will ever be here in the states. MAY 19th 1986 !!

Then saddest and the funniest part of your post. Imagine what could have been done in the days since Al Gore invented the internet?

PS, I know the internet was invented.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It was a interesting times to say the least ! Glad I was there while it was happening! Made a lot of stuff before the deadline. Interesting to see how the full auto has taken off in interest since then !

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There were more machine guns registered in the 30 or so days leading up to May 19 than had been cumulatively registered to that point.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not to worry.... when I become benevolent dictator of the universe.... I shall re-instate private transfers. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Sheez, we need a better "benevolent dictator of the universe" than you. How about reinstating the manufacture and sale of machine guns without needing a tax stamp. In fact, just do away with the entire NFA of 1934 and then the 1986 bill too.

30 years from now we will be talking about how there was a mad rush to get our Form 1 and Form 4 in before July 13, 2016. I have 6 more tax stamps that I need to apply for and then comes the task of building everything over the next decade. October 1, 2013 also comes to mind and I have some projects left over from that deadline too.

This is unless something gets changed by voting in the right people or The People coming to their senses. God help us.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This is before my time but wasn't Reagan very close to getting rid of the ATF at some point? I believe it was actually the NRA that saved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom