• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    MSP SOP's still reference it for LTCH permit investigators.

See the attachment. The SOP was revised 2015

I am gettin up there.

The thing is, Notes is one of those applications that fits a niche really well. While I don't always ascribe to, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," there are times where a legacy system works really well. We ended up standardizing everything on SAP. That's why we ditched Notes.

My biggest concern with legacy systems is they don't incorporate the latest security protocols.

(Is my IT geek propeller beanie showing yet?)

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    WHY?

I have never been asked for it.

If you check the box on the 77r, and don't have it, MSP will know.

You know, "just in case just in case, just to be sure, you never know, don't wanna take any chances....." :lol:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The thing is, Notes is one of those applications that fits a niche really well. While I don't always ascribe to, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," there are times where a legacy system works really well. We ended up standardizing everything on SAP. That's why we ditched Notes.

My biggest concern with legacy systems is they don't incorporate the latest security protocols.

(Is my IT geek propeller beanie showing yet?)

MSP is not concerned about security. Look at the 77r debacle before FSA2013.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    It's about a 1 week turn around these days. Have you purchased a regulated firearm or 'other' in MD? My form was returned because I hadn't made a 77r purchase before they got it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Why does this even matter?!!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    When you get your letter, make 10 copies of it and kept the original, plus your extra copies in a folder with your gun related files. That way, you won't be posting on here how to get a copy of you DC letter, 3 years from now, like so many have. I keep a copy in my wallet, but I can't remember any dealer ever asking to see it.

These days they shouldn’t be. 77r is electronic and MSP verifies. Either you are not disapproved or you are.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Also I think my letter took about 3 weeks. No clue where it is. My wife put it somewhere. Haven’t had anyone ask to actually see it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    These days they shouldn’t be. 77r is electronic and MSP verifies. Either you are not disapproved or you are.

Because the MSP database can't be corrupted and the latest image backup will always work properly. :sarcasm:

OK.

Why do I keep the old pink copies of my 77r's?

Same exact reason. paper or electronic, MSP's track record of dependable and secure record keeping is abysmal.

A oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Last edited:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Because after an EMP, we will have to go back to filling out the paper work for each purchase. :rolleyes:

I made copies of mine long before MSP started the online 77R, which I happen to like, other than the need to change your password every couple of months.
    I still have my old card that you had to have before the HQL.

Last edited:

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Here is a silly question, but a question nonetheless. If you puchase two regulated firearms at the same time, and then submit for the designated collector letter, will you be able immediately purchase additional regulated firearms once you get the letter in hand, or need to wait the 60 days for the recent 2 firearm purchase?

Q

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    How will you buy 2 firearms at the same time without the DC status?

On the 77r I think there is still an "exemption" if the guns are sold as a pair (e.g. consecutive serial no), or a special discount for buying a pair, etc. Not sure how release works tho (e.g. 1 each 30 days, or both at the same time). I think if you do the 2-guns without a DC, they make you wait 60 days for the next.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    On the 77r I think there is still an "exemption" if the guns are sold as a pair (e.g. consecutive serial no), or a special discount for buying a pair, etc. Not sure how release works tho (e.g. 1 each 30 days, or both at the same time). I think if you do the 2-guns without a DC, they make you wait 60 days for the next.

Both are released, but you will need to wait 60 days until the next regulated purchase.

Q

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If they send your DC letter before the 60 days are up, I think it supersedes and constitutes permission to pick up another one before the 60 days. Not just permission, it becomes your Designated sworn duty to Collect. So get out there and Collect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom