• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    What gloved do folks here like for AR and pistol shooting? Not looking for warmth but dexterity and grip.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I'm no expert by any means, but last time shooting AR's, I used a pair of padded, fingerless gloves which REALLY helped with my hand/index finger getting rubbed raw by the trigger guard area. Since fingertips, to the 1st knuckle, are open, I lost no movement or feel whatsoever.

I kept them on while shooting a couple 1911's and even a .38 snubbie. It was actually a treat to use something for the pistols, and that was the first time I did so...but not the last.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I'll add another recommendation for the nomex flyer's gloves (I got mine from the AF). A lot of people really like the Mechanix line of gloves, too. Cheap enough you won't be heartbroken when you need to replace them.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I have a couple pairs of mechanix gloves around for various stuff. They hold up pretty well, and are decent for shooting. Not too bulky, And the padded ones are thick enough for a little warmth on colder days. I wouldn't want to be stuck in the snow with them, but they're not bad for a range trip

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    With my big, fat hands, wearing gloves/shooting don't go well, together.

Years ago, when shooting IHMSA, I found some THIN batting gloves, and cut-off /stitched the tip of the index finger, on the glove.

This helped me get just the 'right' spot on my trigger finger on the trigger, and helped with recoiling calibers.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Whatever was on sale in the local auto parts store. They also double as motorcycling gloves.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'm no expert by any means, but last time shooting AR's, I used a pair of padded, fingerless gloves which REALLY helped with my hand/index finger getting rubbed raw by the trigger guard area. Since fingertips, to the 1st knuckle, are open, I lost no movement or feel whatsoever.

I kept them on while shooting a couple 1911's and even a .38 snubbie. It was actually a treat to use something for the pistols, and that was the first time I did so...but not the last.

These sound like what I want. Having a fully covered index finger doesn't work well for me. Just haven't benn able to find any.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    These sound like what I want. Having a fully covered index finger doesn't work well for me. Just haven't benn able to find any.

I am 99% (or less) sure that I got mine at WalMart, or maybe even Target in the Sporting Goods section. I think mine are designed to be weight lifting/workout gloves.

I'll try to get a brand name or maybe even a pic when I get home today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom