• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodymd

Apr 10, 2015
    Ok this might be a mistake since you know what they say about opinions :lol2:

I'm building a LR 308 pistol and since the current state of affairs it's hard to find anything. However I found the following and would like some opinions

10.5 Kak barrel is the only one I could find. I don't really know anything about KAK if they aren't good then I will probably go with a longer barrel and have it cut down.

Grey Ghost precision receivers? again I don't know much about them. But there are a couple in stock locally so I was thinking of picking one up. Otherwise I might wait for the gun show and see if there are any Aero available, however that is a crap shoot in a 308.

Thanks

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    KAK is good to go for a mid priced barrel, they Use Green mountain blanks, and are melonited in and out. Just keep an eye on headspacing and be sure to bring sun glasses and a fire extinguisher with you when you test fire that beast.

GGP is good stuff, but be sure to make sure it's DPMS/LR308 and not Armalite-10, have seen a couple of their rifles that were basically rebranded Mega Matens(AR10 pattern), so LR308 stuff might not be compatible if that is the case, but seems their new stuff is DPMS/LR308 pattern, not sure when they switched, or if they ever sold their Mega/AR10 as receivers and not complete rifles. Absolutely love a Mega AR15 build I own, and the Matens I've shot, the ambi bolt release is really nice, and they are quality, but make sure to get a matching handguard as their color can be a little unique, and it should solve any receiver compatibility problems.

woodymd

Apr 10, 2015
    KAK is good to go for a mid priced barrel, they Use Green mountain blanks, and are melonited in and out. Just keep an eye on headspacing and be sure to bring sun glasses and a fire extinguisher with you when you test fire that beast.

GGP is good stuff, but be sure to make sure it's DPMS/LR308 and not Armalite-10, have seen a couple of their rifles that were basically rebranded Mega Matens(AR10 pattern), so LR308 stuff might not be compatible if that is the case, but seems their new stuff is DPMS/LR308 pattern, not sure when they switched, or if they ever sold their Mega/AR10 as receivers and not complete rifles. Absolutely love a Mega AR15 build I own, and the Matens I've shot, the ambi bolt release is really nice, and they are quality, but make sure to get a matching handguard as their color can be a little unique, and it should solve any receiver compatibility problems.

Thanks for the reply. As far as sunglasses go if I could find a 7.5 from SLR I would get that :party29:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thanks for the reply. As far as sunglasses go if I could find a 7.5 from SLR I would get that :party29:

Hey, I'm a fan of short stuff, would love to see it built. Have an Aero M5 set built sans stock/brace handguard and barrel, have been trying to decide what to do with it.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom