• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    SangRunSportShop. Tell em "mann" sent ya. They are great. They have a website too.

The LakeSide Creamery is awesome...but it's winter...you'll have to wait til when it gets warm for that.

Off season home rentals are cheap! If you want quiet, go that route.

Feb 11, 2012
    Eden, MD
    When we went last year, we stayed 'Beats Workin' its a Raleigh Reality property way too big for us but it was our first ever extravagant vacation ever. Next time around it will be a smaller house or a cabin in the park. I just don't wann stay in a tent in case we have a run of bad weather next time we go. Gummy and I can make it rain when we take vacation, it never fails.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    You don't need to wait till spring for Lakeside Creamery Ice Cream. They have it by the quart at Yoders next to the Copper Kettle Popcorn Factory in the building next to the creamery!

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I never been a big fan of Lakeside Creamery. I think its pretty overpriced for regular ice cream.

I miss the old soft serve ice cream stand next to McDonalds (where the Amish Gazebos & Mini Golf is) They had great soft serve, and the people that owned that business were the nicest people. We used to always shoot the breeze about fishing.

Katies soft serve is pretty good too, when there open in the Summer.

Last edited:

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    One really great thing about going up there in April is it's out of season time and you can get really great deals on lake side houses to rent. Back in 2000 I rented a huge house for the week for only 425. I think it's called the Eagles Nest.

Good Luck and have fun. Get your MDS jacket back from your son cause your gonna need it up there. :D

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Lakeside Creamery is completely homemade. Not the bagged stuff dumped into a mixing freezer.... While it may cost a little more than soft serve it is well worth it. None of the extra 20 letter additives!!
    It can also be found at Smiley's Pizza in the off season!

dr_baer

I was looking for the Sang Run Sports Shop last time out there, but was looking too far north. Now that I have the address I'll stop in there next time. http://www.sangrunsportsshop.com/index.php

crewdog.gif

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I was looking for the Sang Run Sports Shop last time out there, but was looking too far north. Now that I have the address I'll stop in there next time. http://www.sangrunsportsshop.com/index.php

crewdog.gif

SRSS is a good place to visit. Jason and his crew are great folks. But, as you discovered, finding the place isn't easy and you won't "stumble across" it. You gotta know where it is to get there. I live here - and finding it the first time wasn't simple.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    SRSS is a good place to visit. Jason and his crew are great folks. But, as you discovered, finding the place isn't easy and you won't "stumble across" it. You gotta know where it is to get there. I live here - and finding it the first time wasn't simple.

I was chatting with a guy at the range a few weeks ago - he told me there are going to expand that place. That will be pretty cool if they do.

I agree - its off the beaten path, but the people there are great to deal with. No egos or attitudes, whenever Ive gone in there. They always strike up a convo with you too. I think they have a bit of a local following too. Lots of locals who shoot at the Savage patronize that place. Im glad there around!

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Love the DCL area. Spent many a summer weekend there as a young chap. Caught the biggest bass ive ever caught out of there just dangling a worm over the boat. Learned to wakeboard on the lake the first week of May (yeah the water is still frigid in May) Suffered a few concussions at the wisp skiing. All great experiences.

I'll be back up there this summer at some point for vacation. Ill definitely be bin touch with you locals togo shooting.

Speaking of BBQ, is bumble q's still around?

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    Heres your choice of sports shops....

Backbone Mountian sport shop located along rt.50 near table rock has about the best selection , Firearms, archery, gear and an indoor techno archery range

D&B sport shop located on rt 135 in Deer park has a decent selection of rifles.

Oh and always our walmart always has the mother load .

If ya'll wanna do some sight seeing, head down 219 south to Canaan Valley and Black Water Falls. about a 25 min drive from oakland. Veiws from the overlook platform are priceless. also canaan valley resort is a wildlife sanctuary. deer will walk right up to the car. makes for some awesome pics.

As for the weather, the days will be getting warmer but the nights will still be a lil chilly

Archies BBQ is awesome , BBq pulled pork, Baby back ribs and other greasy messy BBQ
    Pine Lodge steak house is a nice casual dining place with good food.

If you wanna have some drinks, Black Bear is fancy but drinks are way over priced. JGs pub and the Longbranch Saloon have a nice place with decent priced drinks

Hope you enjoy your stay up here !

stopped in D&B grabbed a scope mount for my mossy 500.
    good people!

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Stopped by Sang Run Sports Shop yesterday to make an emergency purchase (left my ar mags back in Bmore like an idiot) and the guys at the shop were great! Very nice and went the extra mile to help me out ammo wise. Was amazed at the selection crammed into such a tiny store.

RingKnocker

Apr 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Been to Deep Creek several times with mc, lots to see and do. Places to eat mentioned above all very good. We aren't going this summer, but I think I'll plan a trip next.

wagtail

Oct 13, 2010
    Garrett county.Md
    Jason has begun to move dirt for add on shop. Was in Friday past. Chap came in."Do you
    have any 45 Long Colt?" Yes.we have 2 boxes of the cowboy load.I'll take them both.
    Notice... He did not ask about the price! I bought a few boxes of 5.7.Gotta keep the Ps-90 happy. Snow showers,next couple days. High on Tuesday 35Deg.
    Wagtail.
    Bud

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Was there last week to get some scope covers for the Encore - and seen that they had the ground leveled next to the shop. They do need some more space. Im curious to see what else they will carry now they will have more space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom