• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • First off, I am not even sure if this belongs in the C&R forum. I don't know whether the pistol I am about to request info qualifies as C&R so I apologize in advance if I am in the wrong place.

A friend has a Chinese type 54 pistol dated 1963 that needs a new slide and barrel bushing. The weapon came from an NVA officer during Vietnam and the slide and bushing were supposedly damaged in a grenade attack. The gun functions as it should, but probably isn't safe to fire. I do not have picture to show you but the buffer spring cap has been replaced with a 9MM cartridge case and the lower half of the barrel bushing that holds the buffer spring in place is mostly gone. I can pull the slide back, lock it, chamber a round and I am sure it will fire, it's just not real safe as is. Friend would like to make is safe and shoot it.

My questions are:

Since this is just a Tok clone, will the slide and bushing from any tok fit?
    If not are there any other options?
    Does anyone know a decent source for parts

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Norinco imported Tok pistols to the US, spare parts should be available .

Jul 1, 2012
    It surely is C&R, and 1963 isn't a common year for the Type 54.
    If it was me, I'd leave it alone along with it's "field expedient repair" and find another one to shoot...
    I've never owned one of the "Type 54-1" Toks Norinco imported in the 80's so can't comment if they interchange, but they probably should.
    A TTC slide and bushing should work also. There may need to be some fitting done whatever you get.

BTW - the barrel bushings pop up on eBay and GB every so often...

It surely is C&R, and 1963 isn't a common year for the Type 54.
    If it was me, I'd leave it alone along with it's "field expedient repair" and find another one to shoot...
    I've never owned one of the "Type 54-1" Toks Norinco imported in the 80's so can't comment if they interchange, but they probably should.
    A TTC slide and bushing should work also. There may need to be some fitting done whatever you get.

BTW - the barrel bushings pop up on eBay and GB every so often...

I saw the barrel bushing on GunBroker. That part would be easy to get. I just can't seem to find a slide for him. He plans on keeping the damaged parts but he wants to shoot the thing and I told him that I don't recommend shooting it and its current configuration with the makeshift buffer spring tap and the damaged bushing and slide. I don't think there is any worried that the gun will blow apart I just think there's a possibility that he could further damage it firing it the way it is currently "repaired"

Jul 1, 2012

Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    I can post more pictures in a bit.

Attachments

• 20190101_181320.jpg
      20190101_181320.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 235
    Jul 1, 2012
    Lol yep..that's it..I also spoke to a friend who collects militaria. He recommended buying a complete tok and using the parts..

That sounds like an excellent idea :) (post 5)

I'd check the barrel really carefully too.

If it was me I'd just leave it alone and buy a TTC et al (which probably will happen anyway) to shoot and leave this one as a conversation piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom