• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    "Concealed" carry a thing of the past?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...07/phone-case-bomb-scanning-device/678075002/

Called "Sword," the case works with either Apple's iPhone 8 Plus or Google's Pixel 2 XL and features an array of 18 radio frequency (RF) antennas that, when combined with the company's mobile app, claims to be able to scan people and bags to ensure that there are no hidden weapons. If there is a weapon, the app will tell you what kind it is by matching the weapon's signature to a database Royal Holdings has.

Now not only can you be filmed in public and recorded, but scanned and x-rayed as well.

Pretty soon, automated checkpoints will be able to scan you, determine if you are carrying, run an instant background check, and call the cops if needed. I feel violated just thinking about it.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    And the person carrying it will end up with cancer from all of the cell damage caused by constantly scanning emitting 18 different radio waves scanning for weapons that might hurt them in the wrong hands.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    It’s a great idea that can be used by law abiding citizens to protect against armed criminals too. I see nothing wrong with this.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    "Sword" will definitely cut both ways.

Don't like it, even with 'the best of intentions' they publicly state. Privacy isn't dead yet, I'd like to hold onto what little bit of it that remains.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    They already have no issue with facial recognition cameras in public.

We have already gone farther then I believe the constitution allows

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    So let me see. If I have one of those phones and a W&C permit, and am strapped, my phone will be scanning and reporting me constanty. Now, won't that be a fun time.

And the dindus in the area will all have the phone, and use them to "sort" their potential targets--because if the info can be "formulated" for transmission it can be hijacked. Here we go! Whee!

Which is why this may be "fake news."

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Be interesting to see what the false hit rate is. If it does work satisfactorily I'm sure Maryland will want some in their tireless effort to make sure the law-abiding responsible citizens don't have anything to protect themselves from the thugs with.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    And the person carrying it will end up with cancer from all of the cell damage caused by constantly scanning emitting 18 different radio waves scanning for weapons that might hurt them in the wrong hands.

Check out ionizing radiation vs nonionizing radiation as it relates to cancer.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Will it also pick up 3-D printed plastic ghost guns?

Someone should make an app that transmits a signal you are carrying a Barrett .50 BMG just so no one will mess with you.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Attachments

• C59EA304-BDAE-4EFB-84A1-0B4194AD76E8.jpg
      C59EA304-BDAE-4EFB-84A1-0B4194AD76E8.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 511

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I guess it is a good thing for the thugs to use to help them locate all of the local undercover cops too. I guess LEO's will now have a larger target on their backs. It looks like the app makers never though of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom