• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have a Henry .357 Steel that's just a whole lot of fun to shoot. It has the factory supplied standard semi buckhorn sights.

I can keep 23 of 25 shots in a 3 inch circle at 50 yards, with many and most of the shots stacked much tighter when I'm able to keep the buckhorn sight picture consistent. Where my groups vary and group size increases, its consistently with varying elevation. My eyes (for one thing) aren't what they were. I've no doubt that this rifle can shoot better than I'm shooting it. I have no desire to scope it.

Have any of you guys traded your factory buckhorn sights for Skinners? How much difference (if any) in group size were you able to obtain with such a switch?

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I have a Henry .357 Steel that's just a whole lot of fun to shoot. It has the factory supplied standard semi buckhorn sights.

I can keep 23 of 25 shots in a 3 inch circle at 50 yards, with many and most of the shots stacked much tighter when I'm able to keep the buckhorn sight picture consistent. Where my groups vary and group size increases, its consistently with varying elevation. My eyes (for one thing) aren't what they were. I've no doubt that this rifle can shoot better than I'm shooting it. I have no desire to scope it.

Have any of you guys traded your factory buckhorn sights for Skinners? How much difference (if any) in group size were you able to obtain with such a switch?
    Did it on a 22 lever action. For me it was more a preference thing. I like rear ghost ring type sights better. One item, I don't bother to adjust for elevation just hold higher on target for different distances.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I put skinner sights on my Henry big boy. I like them a whole lot more than the stock buckhorn sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom