• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MichaelGW

Apr 1, 2016
    Does anyone have accurate, first hand knowledge, or perhaps has transferred an SKS barreled Receiver into the state ? Just wondering if its legal, as long as its not an M or D model. The one in question is just a non altered, run of the mill Type 56. Thanks in advance.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As of right now they are cash and carry as long as they have the original semi detached mag. Just a normal transfer.

A barreled receiver would have no magazine. The law says only an SKS with a detachable mag is banned. Barreled received should be fine, just make sure when you assemble it to use the integral, non-removable magazine.

You can build it in to a banned configuration, but you can do the same with an AR and AR lowers are still legal.

I picked up a type 56 barreled receiver from SOG a couple of weeks before they closed up shop.

MichaelGW

Apr 1, 2016
    Yep, I Am just going to build it to a normal configuration from some type 56 parts i've collected over the last few years . just put together a nice little shooter. Thanks for the info , I sort of figured it was good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom