• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    State Sen. Bobby Zirkin, Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee chair, undid those efforts. The bill took more than twice as long in his Senate committee as in the House. On Sine Die, as he had done through every stage of the legislative process this session, Zirkin stalled, delayed, and ran out the clock on this legislation.

As time ticked by to adjourn early to honor Busch, a man who leaped to the defense of The Capital when many of its staff were gunned down barely 3.5 miles away from Zirkin’s office, the few “We Will Not Comply” enthusiasts barely suppressed a cheer. Their Twitter feeds would soon include rape jokes at our expense. Legislators expressed confusion. Zirkin kept his head down at his desk, shuffling papers.

This column is full of nonsense.

I posted the above before I even made it to the end of her column. Then she wrote something I can almost agree with.

On this first Press Freedom Day, and every day, we will demand the actions that give us freedom from gun violence.

I disagree with the phrase "gun violence". The gun is a passive object.

I look forward to her task force recommendations, things like mandatory sentences for use of a gun in a crime, a decrease in plea-bargains and Nolle Prosse for disqualifying crimes, and a greater prosecution of criminals. You know, those things that will protect us from "gun violence".

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I long for that woman and her friends to realize that they are being used by a powerful anti-freedom agenda that desires to bring a totalitarian state to power from sea to shining sea.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    That woman is vice-chair of the unbiased and totally serious AA Cnty “Gun Violence” Task Force.

Sorry lady, but your husband woulda been a lot better off with a 9 mm at work than with your efforts to push random ineffective laws.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    If I thought Zirkin was responsible for "doing the right thing" and killing the bill I would donate to his re-election and send him a thank you.

Reality is more like: He was simply the enforcer/hit man sent by leadership. First he tried with an poison amendment, then the committee simply ignored the conference request. The whole committee btw ignored the request, no one seemed to remind him of the request. I have no doubt every committee member was fully aware of the request. The executive nomination and rules committee re-refereed the bill to Judiciary committee - the first committee could have let to the floor too. But didnt. leadership wanted this to die.

The question then is why would "Leadership want this to die"? To me that is needs to be determined.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Rape jokes? I think she is losing it.

Were there actually any rape jokes? That off-color meme that was posted does not imply rape. If a mom demands action and someone steps up and gives her some action, it is not rape.....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's why I think she is losing her grip with reality.

Just for people who may not know what this is all about. This is the post to the Mom's that got their ire up. I get it. Check out their response. They wonder why we don't like ERPO laws

Attachments

• MDA.jpg
      MDA.jpg
      4.4 KB · Views: 349
    • red flag.jpg
      red flag.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 357

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Were there actually any rape jokes? That off-color meme that was posted does not imply rape. If a mom demands action and someone steps up and gives her some action, it is not rape.....

No, there weren't rape jokes. And I don't think the meme was off color...I think it is spot on. People are less crabby when they've gotten laid. It's a scientific fact :).

And to the MDA women that might read this: TRUST ME, no one from this side is either advocating rape in any way, or offering their services to lower your level of crabby. That meme is not a threat, but it is advice for you. Go home and climb on top of your man/woman/vibrator/bed post, or whatever gets your rocks off. Then sit back and ask yourself how ANY background check would have stopped the Annapolis shooting, or any of the recent others. Hint: It won't, because most of those people DID go through checks to purchase their weapons.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    No, there weren't rape jokes. And I don't think the meme was off color...I think it is spot on. People are less crabby when they've gotten laid. It's a scientific fact :).

And to the MDA women that might read this: TRUST ME, no one from this side is either advocating rape in any way, or offering their services to lower your level of crabby. That meme is not a threat, but it is advice for you. Go home and climb on top of your man/woman/vibrator/bed post, or whatever gets your rocks off. Then sit back and ask yourself how ANY background check would have stopped the Annapolis shooting, or any of the recent others. Hint: It won't, because most of those people DID go through checks to purchase their weapons.

Moms Demand Agreement. If you don’t you’re a racist/mysognist/gun nut. Until they realize we are not a monolith than a real conversation will never take place. I’ll engage any of them in conversation and be willing to listen if they would do the same.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Just for people who may not know what this is all about. This is the post to the Mom's that got their ire up. I get it. Check out their response. They wonder why we don't like ERPO laws

That one lady referring to the ERPO laws, I wonder if some would see that as an attempt to abuse the Red Flag law?

There were no threats being made, just an off color meme. No threats of rape or anything.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I long for that woman and her friends to realize that they are being used by a powerful anti-freedom agenda that desires to bring a totalitarian state to power from sea to shining sea.
    Exactly. The Moms will push her in front of a camera or in print every chance they get, just as Rat's Nest Vinnie did with Ginny Wolfe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

I said this about Obama and the Newtown parents. They're so blinded by grief and emotion that they allow themselves to be pimped out then tossed aside by politicians.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That one lady referring to the ERPO laws, I wonder if some would see that as an attempt to abuse the Red Flag law?

There were no threats being made, just an off color meme. No threats of rape or anything.

The scary thing about that woman is she is entirely serious. Yes, total abuse of the Red Flag law.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

This is easily one of the most twisted yet accurate posts I've ever read here.

It's amazing that we got to the place that this makes sense.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    G-d forbid she’s ever in a car accident, she’ll go against the entire automotive industry and overnight become an expert in all the issues plaguing the industry. In the meantime she’ll forget about the party that hit her vehicle.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If I thought Zirkin was responsible for "doing the right thing" and killing the bill I would donate to his re-election and send him a thank you.

Reality is more like: He was simply the enforcer/hit man sent by leadership. First he tried with an poison amendment, then the committee simply ignored the conference request. The whole committee btw ignored the request, no one seemed to remind him of the request. I have no doubt every committee member was fully aware of the request. The executive nomination and rules committee re-refereed the bill to Judiciary committee - the first committee could have let to the floor too. But didnt. leadership wanted this to die.

No, I think Zirkin and the rest of the JPR were put out by Delegate Atterbery's response to the amendments made to her bill, even go so far (too far) as to complain in public to the BS. That just doesn't get done during the legislative session, and the JPR first amending her bill in such a way that the House would not accept it, and then not nominating members to a conference committee was their way of telling her she was out of line.

If she thinks she will get a different result on the same type of bill nect session, then she had better learn to play nice with others, but I really hope she doesn't and continues to act as aloof as she does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom