• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I clicked their link. I read their posts. It looks very much like most of them are simply ignorant (i.e. uninformed) and not overtly hostile just to be hostile.

Perhaps inviting most of the moderate ones to a range day might open some eyes?
    In Watts' Twitter feed over the last few days, she showed a picture of her at the range. I think they do it for 'authenticity', so they can argue that they know guns and don't want to take away 2A rights - even if every single year, they try to take away more 2A rights

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm not very good with Twitter so usually take screen shots.

Yes, I good l did want to point out the propaganda as well so their aerial banner envy.

Embedded in that tweet is this one ...

https://twitter.com/teelehman/status/1116020304118263812?s=19

Which had the quick video clip.

Tom Lehman is a reporter(?) for WBOC channel 16 and here is their coverage, the comments are great:
    http://www.wboc.com/story/40287431/...-control-supporters-rally-at-legislative-hall

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When the Demanding Mom's start a conversation with you by saying "My Father/Uncle had a gun and......"

Be sure to reply "My Mom had guns and taught me to love shooting......."

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    So when that abused women is face to face with her ex husband that wants to cut her throat and she doesn’t have a shotgun to protect herself with because as a single mother she couldn’t afford to get a LGQL license in addition to the cost of the shotgun who is MDA really protecting?

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis
    So when that abused women is face to face with her ex husband that wants to cut her throat and she doesn’t have a shotgun to protect herself with because as a single mother she couldn’t afford to get a LGQL license in addition to the cost of the shotgun who is MDA really protecting?

My thoughts exactly. These are people who choose to ignore the hundreds of thousands of defensive gun uses every year and instead focus on about 20,000 suicides and 10,000 murders across the nation.

I think it would be helpful to publicize defensive gun uses more, and in the public eye, especially when the would-be victim was outside the "gun ownin' man" stereotype. Case in point, look at the Women's Defense League of New Hampshire. It's a group of women focused on firearm education for defensive use.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Stiffler's mom weeps.

dde321ffeed3efb9b4a60fc2440a1013.jpg

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My thoughts exactly. These are people who choose to ignore the hundreds of thousands of defensive gun uses every year and instead focus on about 20,000 suicides and 10,000 murders across the nation.

I think it would be helpful to publicize defensive gun uses more, and in the public eye, especially when the would-be victim was outside the "gun ownin' man" stereotype. Case in point, look at the Women's Defense League of New Hampshire. It's a group of women focused on firearm education for defensive use.

Exactly switch the narrative. If you have them on the defensive you’re ahead. They want to put us in a box, don’t let them.

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis
    Exactly switch the narrative. If you have them on the defensive you’re ahead. They want to put us in a box, don’t let them.

Also looking at the current culture of everyone being increasingly politically correct and inclusive, we may want to look into groups like Pink Pistols to see if they have anyone who could show up and testify to MD Gen Assembly about how proposed laws would go with them.

It would be political suicide and really hard for a group like MDM or even a delegate in Maryland to look a LGBTQ individual in the eye and say "even though this law will take away your most effective means of self defense, we're going to move forward with it."

I know not everyone will agree with my idea, but I wanted to propose the idea of presenting multiple faces to gun ownership in Maryland to fight groups like MDM. PP does a hell of a lot, but we need more groups like that from different backgrounds to help undecided folks relate to us and to show what the grabbers really are, anti civil-rights.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Also looking at the current culture of everyone being increasingly politically correct and inclusive, we may want to look into groups like Pink Pistols to see if they have anyone who could show up and testify to MD Gen Assembly about how proposed laws would go with them.

It would be political suicide and really hard for a group like MDM or even a delegate in Maryland to look a LGBTQ individual in the eye and say "even though this law will take away your most effective means of self defense, we're going to move forward with it."

I know not everyone will agree with my idea, but I wanted to propose the idea of presenting multiple faces to gun ownership in Maryland to fight groups like MDM. PP does a hell of a lot, but we need more groups like that from different backgrounds to help undecided folks relate to us and to show what the grabbers really are, anti civil-rights.

I agree 100%. I don’t know if we need more groups as much as consolidate and show that we are not a monolith of middle aged white men.

If racism and homophobia are that prevalent than shouldn’t others have the ability to defend themselves or are they effectively putting them out to slaughter?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

That link needs to be shared on the MDA facebook and twitter.:thumbsup:

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore

I have been affiliated with the Pink Pistols for most of the last decade. The several folks that I have asked to come on out, most of them fear being publicly 'outed' in that community as gun owners and supporters. I have also recommended that the local and regional folks there join this board here.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have been affiliated with the Pink Pistols for most of the last decade. The several folks that I have asked to come on out, most of them fear being publicly 'outed' in that community as gun owners and supporters. I have also recommended that the local and regional folks there join this board here.

Circleshooter was an openly gay member here. He didn't always feel terribly welcome.

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    If these mom spent more time raising their kids and taking care of their families they would not have time to be out there trying to control somebody else's life .... Again guns do not kill people it's the evil in peoples heart that kills people or again poor upbringing that causes this

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Sad to hear

Circleshooter was an openly gay member here. He didn't always feel terribly welcome.

Never knew the name or person but Gays needs protection just as much if not more than the average joe. So, Pink Pistol members afraid to be outted. Damn they fought for acceptance but still need to remain closeted in their communities. Man, like fighting twice

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Never knew the name or person but Gays needs protection just as much if not more than the average joe. So, Pink Pistol members afraid to be outted. Damn they fought for acceptance but still need to remain closeted in their communities. Man, like fighting twice

It is indeed a sh*t-show but try to minimize any negativity they might encounter from us. If folks legitimately want to learn about firearms and other personal protection stuff, I don't care if they are straight, bent, twisty, black, white, purple polka dotted or heaven forbid a "liberal".

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    In Watts' Twitter feed over the last few days, she showed a picture of her at the range. I think they do it for 'authenticity', so they can argue that they know guns and don't want to take away 2A rights - even if every single year, they try to take away more 2A rights

Was the range open? Was it even a real range??? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom