• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    That's simply no relevant to this user's circumstances and I'm sorry that you can't see that he/she/it was running script that we've been seeing here for more than 10 years now; that being the "let's find a reasonable compromise".

We see it time and time again, and it's a known tactic of "them" to come on to a gun community and proselytize about being "reasonable" when the truth is that they are deliberately trying to undermine us.

Think what you want, but you're dead wrong.

Thanks for being our Rottweiler at the gate big guy. Is it just me or do the trolls seem to come out of the damn woodwork every year during the legislative session. Good work brother to you and all the mods :thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Thanks for being our Rottweiler at the gate big guy. Is it just me or do the trolls seem to come out of the damn woodwork every year during the legislative session. Good work brother to you and all the mods :thumbsup:

I always pictured Norton as more of a Doberman. ;)

Either way, he's keeping it clean around here :D

RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    It makes sense 99% of the time. No rule is perfect, but the one currently in place seems to work pretty well. For every user like yourself there are 100 more that the 50 post rule properly guards against.

Opps, disregard. I read the OPs post wrong thinking the limit was 500 (when that was what he was asking to raise it to) LOL :banghead:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don't know if vBulletin supports this feature but a common way of blocking accounts online is a kind of "silent block" where you don't actually block/delete the account it just makes it so that anything the offending user posts, only they can see it. So from their eyes, they are posting as normal and they think everyone is seeing their posts. This helps with preventing people from just creating new accounts and trolling.

As far as access to WC though, I personally don't see how a post count is a good measure to allow access, for instance, I have been a member of this forum for 4 years and only have about 30 posts, but I come here multiple times a week, often every day, have bought stuff from people on the classifieds section, and have never got into it with anyone. But hey, the rules are the rules.

It's called "Tachy goes to Coventry".

It basically makes them a ghost.

Only used it once here in 13 years and it was epic for the site staff to watch the poor fool elevate his rhetoric in an effort to elicit a response, yet no one could actually see it other than the staff. He kept upping the ante day by day, yet couldn't figure out that he was the only other one who could see it.

I laughed, I cried, I cleaned a 1911, I drank Arrogant Bastard......:lol2:

Feb 28, 2013
    I don't know if vBulletin supports this feature but a common way of blocking accounts online is a kind of "silent block" where you don't actually block/delete the account it just makes it so that anything the offending user posts, only they can see it. So from their eyes, they are posting as normal and they think everyone is seeing their posts. This helps with preventing people from just creating new accounts and trolling.

It should.

On the big truck truckin’ site I mod for we had it when we was runnin’ vbulletin. Called it “global ignore”. We switched to xenforo there now and lost that feature.

I don’t think it work here though. This place is a bit too tight knit.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I have actually been trying to join you for the patriot picket. Problem is wife is in tax working late and me being self employed have not had much free time either. If I can I will.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    These sort of suggestions rub me the wrong way. It really rings of "XYZ" for me, but not for thee. Instead of creating new rules, let's just enforce the ones we have. Let the trolls run amuck until they start getting nasty...then ban them for breaking the "be nice" rule. I'm betting most of them will, sooner than later. If not, it's good training for the rest of us. Shutting them down or keeping them out just because we don't agree sounds a lot like something Youtube would do.

Individually, we can each use the ignore function, or simply not open (or stop going back to:banghead:) threads that are clearly inflammatory. If there is truly secret squirrel stuff being discussed that absolutely cannot fall into enemy hands, maybe and internet forum is not the best place for it anyway. There are email and private messaging for that.

Making the WC even more elitist...I just don't like it...:shrug: Unless maybe it's a paid subscription, like IP's only. I probably wouldn't partake (if I can't see my epic funny pictures for free here, I'll find them elsewhere), but it might be a good revenue generator.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    These sort of suggestions rub me the wrong way. It really rings of "XYZ" for me, but not for thee. Instead of creating new rules, let's just enforce the ones we have. Let the trolls run amuck until they start getting nasty...then ban them for breaking the "be nice" rule. I'm betting most of them will, sooner than later. If not, it's good training for the rest of us. Shutting them down or keeping them out just because we don't agree sounds a lot like something Youtube would do.

Individually, we can each use the ignore function, or simply not open (or stop going back to:banghead:) threads that are clearly inflammatory. If there is truly secret squirrel stuff being discussed that absolutely cannot fall into enemy hands, maybe and internet forum is not the best place for it anyway. There are email and private messaging for that.

Making the WC even more elitist...I just don't like it...:shrug: Unless maybe it's a paid subscription, like IP's only. I probably wouldn't partake (if I can't see my epic funny pictures for free here, I'll find them elsewhere), but it might be a good revenue generator.

Besides, watching(reading) troll melt-downs is terrific sport....or is that the savage in me? :P

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Besides, watching(reading) troll melt-downs is terrific sport....or is that the savage in me? :P

:party29: err...I mean :o yeah. :sad20: There's that too ;)

I'm not into drama in real life...at all. I don't watch fake reality TV and deliberately keep my eyes on the road ahead of me driving past car wrecks, but I am fascinated by watching "people" self destruct on here.:D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    :party29: err...I mean :o yeah. :sad20: There's that too ;)

I'm not into drama in real life...at all. I don't watch fake reality TV and deliberately keep my eyes on the road ahead of me driving past car wrecks, but I am fascinated by watching "people" self destruct on here.:D
    We have a lot in common.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Pssst! :poke: Hey! :secret: As one MDS meltdown voyeur to another...who got The Hammer in the Pig Roast thread? I missed the uncensored fireworks :o
    I'm not sure. I haven't had a chance to sniff around. I don't think it was a regular, but I'm not sure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's hard to tell when the offenders posts are also deleted. They are of no consequence, rest assured ;)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Hmmm...:tap: It wasn't who I was hoping it might be.

Honestly, having read through the cleaned up version, I'm kinda glad I didn't witness it happening live...:o

I am glad that it got sorted out and is back on, at least for now :fingerscrossed:

Toxicjin

Feb 8, 2018
    Forest Hill, Md.
    So as a newbie, I'm kind of insulted. I have noticed that since joining, I almost feel compelled to watch how many posts I've made. I have read other threads (lurkers make thy selves known) and it has made me think "wow, these guys have been on here a long time and haven't posted as much as I have. It makes me feel like I'm posting too much. I don't want to have to explain myself, I post when I think I can add to a thread or just poke fun.(and yes, I'm guilty of the "this" and thumbs ups) I've messaged a few folks on here and have nothing but great things to say about any of them. I'm so new to all this that I don't understand most of what you guys talk about and find myself going back to the Acronym list to figure it out. That doesn't t make me a poser or a wanna be, just new. Change the rules however you seem fit, I'm just here for the ride.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    How the hell does someone get banned in a festive social pork thread???:sad20:

Did you ever see the Chappelle's Show skit about "When Keepin' It Real Goes Too Far?":sad20:

The thread has been sanitized (twice?) but if you have an hour or so to kill...:innocent0

I think P5 and Outrider witnessed some of it; they certainly are more informed than I am. I only looked at the thread because my wife (who is not terribly active on here) asked if I had seen the fireworks.

I was going to give you the bottom line...but I think it is best not brought up and rehashed elsewhere:o...just take the journey yourself through the 48 pages.

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    Increase the post count to post anywhere on the forum. And posting 1911's in anything other than .45AARP = instabanned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom