• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ulyonnt

Feb 14, 2019
    Clifton, NJ
    I am in need of some help deciding on an optic. The rifle is a r700 sps tac in .223 and will primarily be shot at 100 yards and once in a while out to 3-400 yards. After looking through some scopes at a store I really liked the way the trijicon accupower glass looked, however, there are very few to no reviews online regarding the 4-16x50 model. I have found it online for $700-$800 and I am also considering buying a used leupold Mark 4 4.5-14 https://tacticsfaq.com/trijicon-accupower-1-8-vs-vortex-razor/ with m1 sfp for around the same price. I have not looked through a Mark 4 before, but the glass on the leupold vx3 I looked through at the store seemed pretty good as well. I was looking at the vortex offerings around this price range, however, to my eye the glass was not as good and for what I will be doing I don't really think I need a ffp or zero stop. The exposed vs capped turrets I can take or leave. If there are any other recommendations I should be considering please let me know. Thank you for the help.

Last edited:

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Take a look at Sightron SIII. Glass is comparable to Leupold, return to zero is excellent, tactile function is excellent, and they are darn tough too.

I have a Leupold mk4 L/RT and the glass in my Sightron is just a hair clearer

Not US made (the SIII is Japanese) but I believe their top of the line model, the SV is.

KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    Honestly, if that is all the distance you want to shoot, 16x50 might be excessive.
    I recently bought a Trijicon TR20-2G AccuPoint 3-9X40Mm to mount on a rifle that I don't expect to take beyond 300-400m. I think it is a pretty solid scope. The AccuPoint has both tritium and Fiber optics. You should be able to find it for $550 shipped. Note that the knobs are in MOA and the cross hairs are MILDOT. I doubt it would be a real issue for you considering the ranges you are shooting.
    If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom