• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    This is from a friend of mine in California via text message. This is approaching true stupidity. I'm glad I moved away from that state, but I could see the same happening here in MD

"Omg. So a lady saw a man sitting in his car with an umbrella on his lap while his wife was being treated at wifey's hospital. Lady called 911 and reported a man with a rifle. 150 police and swat showed up, initiated code silver, Active shooter at the hospital reported.

Even though eveything was all clear, police held the man for questioning, searched his home to see uf he owned guns, and interviewed his daughter to see if he owned any. Did a background check on the guy, hes's never even owned a gun.

The best part of it is, the dumb bitch that called 911 was praised by the police and hospital for her diligence and having the courage to speak up."

Here are the news links, because word of mouth is worthless now, apparently.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...e-gunman-kaiser-south-bay-20190411-story.html

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ay-Man-Gun-No-Shooter-Lockdown-508450501.html

Last edited:

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Fully Semi-automatic opening assault umbrella with the thingy that goes up? Black umbrellas, only the police and the military need those.

Wonder what would have happened if he had a few normal capacity mags at home?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If true, quite a way of overwhelming the system. Can you imagine one of these every hour on the hour? What cost would that be?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Is anybody actually dumb enough to believe that "150 police and swat showed up"?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Was it this man?

701f650b103f12e0b08b3be99754962a.jpg

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Link or it didn't happen.

Sigh. His wife works at the hospital. Doubt it made the news because it didn't involve a shootout/actual mass shooter. But I will see what I can find.

And if he texted it to me, it is true.

Not everything makes the news, ya know?

But it's cool, y'all just keep believing what the magic box tells you, and of course if it didn't tell you anything then it must not have happened

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I find it hard to believe they got a warrant because he had an umbrella in his lap. "Active shooter at a hospital" would make the news.

I think your friend should cut down on the glass, blunts, or whatever hes on.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I find it hard to believe they got a warrant because he had an umbrella in his lap. "Active shooter at a hospital" would make the news.

I think you friend should cut down on the glass

They didn't need a warrant. A phone call counts as probable cause.

And see the above news links. Actually, I will repost them here so you don't strain yourself by scrolling up.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...e-gunman-kaiser-south-bay-20190411-story.html

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ay-Man-Gun-No-Shooter-Lockdown-508450501.html

Maybe you should cut down on the time you spend with your head in the sand. And quit accusing people you don't know of drug use. He is a physician, by the way. So good call there. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom