• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html

Alloy cylinder frame; Cerakote finish; hammer forged barrel; same size as the Single Six; MSRP $249.

Looks like they're trying to push Heritage out of the market. I never liked the Heritage after I saw the safety button on the left side. Cheap ain't everything.
    Probably be chasing down one of these eventually.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Saw this on RFC yesterday. Looks like an appealing gun. Got to give credit to Ruger these past 5 or so years. They keep innovating (10/22 Takedowns, the American/Predator bolt action line, their revamped AR-15 line, the Ruger Precision Rifles, the PCC takedowns, etc) and bringing compelling guns to market - even if this one is a reworking of a classic concept - it's at a great entry level price and one that will appeal to folks that might want to add a fun single-action revolver to the collection.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    A single six convertible has been on my want list for a while now. I may just have to get one of these instead. I wonder If they are going to have the obnoxious warning on the barrel?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The price is nice,never could understand the Single Six (new model) being so high.
    Kind of like their sort of pricey 77 bolt action line. Even if the materials weren't as good in their American and Predator bolt-actions, they made other improvements, possibly even improved on accuracy, and turned out appealing, capable rifles. I have a 77/357 that I'll never part with, but accumulated a few American/Predator rifles thus far - and am quite pleased with what I got for the price. I do find the stainless Single Six, Nine, and Ten guns to be very attractive - even given the price point.

Kind of like their sort of pricey 77 bolt action line. Even if the materials weren't as good in their American and Predator bolt-actions, they made other improvements, possibly even improved on accuracy, and turned out appealing, capable rifles. I have a 77/357 that I'll never part with, but accumulated a few American/Predator rifles thus far - and am quite pleased with what I got for the price. I do find the stainless Single Six, Nine, and Ten guns to be very attractive - even given the price point.

Exactly my point.:thumbsup:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Let it hit the market and sort out any bugs.
    If it is solid and stays reasonably priced I'm in.

Given how long they have been selling the Single Six, not sure I would anticipate bugs. I love the price on this. Its like they actually want to sell revolvers. In my dreams, S&W decides that they want to sell new revolvers again and de-commissions the clinton hole.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    $178 at Kentucky Gun when they have them in stock, but one can set up notifications for all three trim packages there. $199 at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore for pre-order now. Free shipping from either place.

Of course, if your LGS sells it (for $220 or less), it might be a better deal than buying from an internet retailer as the transfer fee will get added on top (which probably far exceeds sales tax at this revolver's price point).

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I like it. Seems to be a great value for all the features that'll make a great trail/kit gun. Simple, rugged, and reliable. Kind of a cool blend between what's old and new.

I have a single six convertible which is very high quality. My only issue is that it's somewhat of an accuracy compromise. Mine shoots the mags and hyper velocity LRs well, but not so great with standard or HV LR. I would buy this Wrangler as a dedicated .22lr if it is as accurate as early reports indicate.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I hadn't seen this thread and was going to post about it a couple days ago when I first saw the Wranger by Ruger.

I forgot that it may/will have to be added to the damn list before we can purchase. I had already sent John at GymRatz a msg asking him if he could get me one. I haven't heard back, this is probably why ha.

I have no problem with this gun. Would I rather have a Ruger Single 10? Yes, but 200 or less vs 450 or 500 is a big difference for me. I don't own a 22lr revolver and would love to. The price point makes it that much easier. I had planned on buying a Heritage, but truthfully am willing to spend an extra 50 to 70 dollars to get the Wrangler. There is a side by side comparison online now between the two and the Ruger definitely seems to have a leg up on the Heritage.

I personally like the black as I'm not fond of the different color cylinder. I like the other two colors, just wish they were all one color...
    Can't believe we have to wait for them to add a single action revolver to 'the list'. Flippin' ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom