• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Not sure if anyone said it, but I was impressed with your groupings. Nice shooting Z. I just finished my W&C qualification with 100%, but it didn't look like that!

Thank you.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    My 228 is the very first firearm I was able to afford in December 1993. Haven't shot this in a while though. There was a time that all that I had were all Sigs. Still currently has this 228 together with a 226 Elite and 220 Elite.
    i-pRm59jh-XL.jpg

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    My 228 is the very first firearm I was able to afford in December 1993. Haven't shot this in a while though. There was a time that all that I had were all Sigs. Still currently has this 228 together with a 226 Elite and 220 Elite.

I remember 1993. That was the year the East Coast got hammered by the worst blizzard I've ever seen during my lifetime and I was working in Bluefield, WV, where we got something like 40" of snow. I had a couple of two-tone P220's and P226's but could never seem to get my hands on one of those two-tone P228's, like yours. That's beautiful.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    2R4Y4Hn.jpg

I had always lacked confidence in my ability to land a first DA shot accurately until I attended Camp Blaster the week before last and I learned that with practice and the right pistol, that dreaded DA first shot can be just as good as all the SA shots that follow. The M11-A1 is definitely the right gun. Paired with an instructor who carried a P229 on-duty for several years, I was able to experience its full capability as a defensive sidearm. I was damn impressed. I like my CZ's and 1911's but, this new Sig has given me several reasons to re-think my preferences.
    Plus, how fun is it to press that trigger while extending out for that first shot?
    It's just a nice tactile feel of knowing what is going to happen.
    Plus it buys a little time to get aiming in.
    The whole ritual of decocking to high ready then scanning. It's definitely in my blood.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The real reason for the P229 was to be capable of handling .40 ( and .357Sig ) , at which point making an otherwise identical stamped slide for 9mm was redundant .

My favorite 9mm pistol is my W.German P225 . ( Not P-6 , but civilian P225 ) Best DA pull of any DA auto I've fired , the expected Sig accuracy , and full length single stacks feel great in the hand .

But alas , with the great change over to milled slides, the P225 was discontinued instead .
    You mean like this one?
    5cabb1e67dcf176e30b63c7ea98ea309.jpg

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    Nice write up. Thought I’d show off my 228 W. German. With a Megar 18 rnd.mag.Got this one in 1993 along with its big brother 220.

Attachments

• AE608D2E-970D-4593-BDD2-5A02405312F0.jpeg
      AE608D2E-970D-4593-BDD2-5A02405312F0.jpeg
      78.5 KB · Views: 94

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Plus, how fun is it to press that trigger while extending out for that first shot?
    It's just a nice tactile feel of knowing what is going to happen.
    Plus it buys a little time to get aiming in.
    The whole ritual of decocking to high ready then scanning. It's definitely in my blood.

Yeah, I had never done that before. I'm used to starting from low-ready, finger outside the trigger guard and flicking-off a thumb safety on a 1911 (or CZ) during a match. Pressing-out from high-ready while pulling the trigger for a DA first shot felt very awkward at first but, the M11-A1 acts like its made for that kind of thing. Fun? Hell yes. It was a confidence-builder. Now I know I can land a decent first shot without having to cock a hammer back first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom