• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If HE likes revolvers , then no reason to not gp rev9 .

The "small hand " thing mentioned above would be in the context of small frames . And medium , medium-large , or large frame revolver is readily adapted for large to extra jumbo hands with a simple grip swap .

The Ruger he shot back in the day ( presuming a DA ) was a Security Six family gun . The closest easily available counter part is a S&W K frame . Also have him fondle a GP-100 and an L frame . Or if he wants to get in touch with his inner cowboy , have him fondle a single action . Blackhawk, Vaquero , or one of the better SAA clones .

Yes , a .357 will also shoot .38 Special . But a straight .38Special will also fulfill his requirements .

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    We went to the gun range, and rented a 357 magnum. Grinning from ear to ear, this man fell in love:lol2: already looking at 357 revolvers. thanks for the advice of trying it at a range first.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    We went to the gun range, and rented a 357 magnum. Grinning from ear to ear, this man fell in love:lol2: already looking at 357 revolvers. thanks for the advice of trying it at a range first.

Best options for bigger hands are Ruger GP100 and S&W 686. Both are excellent.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    My first handgun was an H&K VP9. Great pistol. I then went and bought a Taurus 82 revolver, which is fun to shoot.

The hardest one to shoot that I bought was a Bond Arms Texas Defender derringer - especially with .357 Magnum! The easiest to shoot, of course, is my Walther Arms 1911. 22 cal.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    He has little handgun experience besides the times we have gone. He used to go a lot back in the day his state trooper buddy had a ruger revolver about 20 some years ago. I did research and a 357 can also shoot 38 so I thought that could be cool.

I agree with the suggestions to try out as many as possible before he buys.

I agree. Except for the derringer, I rented my guns and tried them out before purchasing.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian

My next gun will probably be a .357 Magnum revolver. Oughta be a lot more pleasant to shoot than the. 357 derringer!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I read that listing. I am very tempted. I have a 4” blued GP100, one of the very first in the whole area when they were released. I’ve wanted a 6” blued sample.

Passed up a good opportunity on a Smith 586 with the silhouette/PPC sights years back. Still regretting that.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    If he wants a revolver, I'd recommend a good .357. Perhaps a good Ruger Security-Six.

If you can find a used one in great shape. I'm not a big underlug fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom