• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Wow, thats a tough one. On first thought, I would say something that has something that has a visible hammer so she can see the movement of it.

CZ-SP-01 for Home defense or if she wants to carry, CZ-75D PCR. PCR works for Home defense too. Both have hammers and you can’t beat a CZ IMHO. The SP-01 tactical and 75D PCR have decockers, which give you another trigger pull option, not as hard and long as a full trigger pull, but not as light as a fully cocked hammer.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    #1.. First of all, I am surprised that none of the 'Docs' on this forum have chimed in!!

#2.. I would suggest she see a doctor about this problem and explain to them her plans regarding firearms. :innocent0

#3.. I have no idea what the treatment is. I am not a doctor.

Just trying to inject a little common sense.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peripheral-neuropathy/symptoms-causes/syc-20352061

She has been under treatment for this for several years. She has changed docs several times because none of them can get to the root of the issue. Their only solution to the often severe pain is to burn the ends of the nerves, only to have the pain return in a few weeks.

I wouldn't trust a doctor's advice on firearms, unless they could demonstrate they were familiar with the mechanics. Just as I wouldn't take medical advice from an armorer unless they could show clinical knowledge on the subject.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    In my case, my neuropathy is from Diabetes. High blood sugar causes your red blood cells to become brittle, impairing blood flow to the nerves, which causes irreversible damage. You can minimize this by keeping your blood glucose under control. But for Diabetics, I know of no real "cure", but the damage can be minimized by good blood sugar control.

Perhaps your friend should be checked for high blood sugar. I was in denial for a long time, which caused such bad circulation problems I eventually ended up having both of my lower legs amputated. I have neuropathy in both hands but have stopped the continued damage by keeping my blood sugar under tight control.

Don't do what I did and ignore it. You do so at your peril.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I must be a statistical freak again. My internist is former Mil. My surgeon in '15 was hunter/ shooter .

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    In my case, my neuropathy is from Diabetes. High blood sugar causes your red blood cells to become brittle, impairing blood flow to the nerves, which causes irreversible damage. You can minimize this by keeping your blood glucose under control. But for Diabetics, I know of no real "cure", but the damage can be minimized by good blood sugar control.

Perhaps your friend should be checked for high blood sugar. I was in denial for a long time, which caused such bad circulation problems I eventually ended up having both of my lower legs amputated. I have neuropathy in both hands but have stopped the continued damage by keeping my blood sugar under tight control.

Don't do what I did and ignore it. You do so at your peril.

Hers is from years of driving a school and charter bus. The repetitive vertical impacts are what caused the issue. It's a spinal/nerve problem. She deals with not just the numbness, but severe pain. She can't sit in a chair for more than 15-30 minutes or so before she has to stand up. She has tried over 20 different combinations of different meds with no lasting effect. She sees docs more than I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom