• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The receipt they already emailed you is just your payment receipt. You should receive two additional receipts from your provider when you get your prints done, both CJIS receipts - one goes with the application package, the other is your proof copy that the CJIS process has been started.
    I only received one receipt when I got my prints done, I had to make a copy of it before I sent it in.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    Okay, I guess providers do it differently. MARI provided two copies, specifically so that I would have one for my records.

Yep, same thing for me, he specifically said a copy for your records. Nice guys.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Nice guys.
    Very nice small business. Whole process took 15 minutes, even on a Friday when I merely called to beg for an appointment (Scott just said come on over...).

I could have chatted with them for quite a while, but did not want to get in their way.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The receipt they already emailed you is just your payment receipt. You should receive two additional receipts from your provider when you get your prints done, both CJIS receipts - one goes with the application package, the other is your proof copy that the CJIS process has been started.

They only gave me 1 copy at the providers office. should I make a copy of it?

delaneyesq

Sep 1, 2011
    Hearing on Woollard Motion to Stay Scheduled: March 22nd

MEMORANDUM TO COUNSEL RE: Woolard, et al. v. Sheridan, et al.
    Civil No. L-10-2068
    Dear Counsel:
    Now pending is Defendants’ Motion for Clarification and for a Stay Pending Appeal. Docket No. 54. I would like to discuss the Motion with counsel, and a teleconference has been scheduled for March 22, 2012 at 4:30 p.m. The topics we will discuss will include the following:
    1. Whether the “good and substantial reason” language is severable.
    2. Whether the State will now issue a permit to Mr. Woollard.
    3. Assume the excision of the “good and substantial reason” requirement. How would Maryland's permitting system compare with the system in force in other states?
    4. In terms of handgun violence, how does Maryland compare with states with less restrictive permitting systems?
    Despite the informal nature of this memorandum, it shall constitute an Order of the Court and the Clerk is directed to docket it accordingly.
    Very truly yours,
    /s/

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    MEMORANDUM TO COUNSEL RE: Woolard, et al. v. Sheridan, et al.
    Civil No. L-10-2068
    Dear Counsel:
    Now pending is Defendants’ Motion for Clarification and for a Stay Pending Appeal. Docket No. 54. I would like to discuss the Motion with counsel, and a teleconference has been scheduled for March 22, 2012 at 4:30 p.m. The topics we will discuss will include the following:
    1. Whether the “good and substantial reason” language is severable.
    2. Whether the State will now issue a permit to Mr. Woollard.
    3. Assume the excision of the “good and substantial reason” requirement. How would Maryland's permitting system compare with the system in force in other states?
    4. In terms of handgun violence, how does Maryland compare with states with less restrictive permitting systems?
    Despite the informal nature of this memorandum, it shall constitute an Order of the Court and the Clerk is directed to docket it accordingly.
    Very truly yours,
    /s/

So does that mean we need to have our apps in on or before the 22nd?

delaneyesq

Sep 1, 2011
    Hearing

Nope. It just means the judge will listen to both sides and, at some point afterwards (hours, days?), decide whether or not the judge will grant the State's request for a stay pending appeal to the 4th Circuit.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Ok cool because I was going to mail mine out today but I ****ed up the date while signing it with the notarizer and I have to print out another copy for tomorrow. I'm running low on time because I got my finger prints done yesterday. :(

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    I sent mine to the 21208 zip code, which is plainly and clearly in the application. Thankfully, It seems that it got corrected by the post office. I'm waiting till Tuesday ("delivered" yesterday - thanks to a delay of one day because I sent it express and no one signed for it Wednesday) to see if they cash my check, if not, I'll call to verify my information was received.

Hello,

I expressed mailed my application from Rockville last Thursday. The USPS counter clerk said it was guaranteed to be delivered by noon.

I checked the USPS Web site about 2:00PM and it says that they attempted delivery at 8:17AM, but no one was available to sign for it.

I call 1-800-ASK-USPS who just tells me to call my local customer service support. She gives me the number and I call them.

A very nice lady answers. I explain my problem and she says that she'll call Pikesville to find out what's going on.

Five minutes later she calls back. She explains that the MSP doesn't have mail delivered. MSP sends a courier to pick up mail at the Post Office. She said that my Express Mail package was actually picked up earlier in the day, but since they were using handheld scanners in Pikesville, they had not uploaded the data yet. She said that Pikesville was going to upload their scanners so that I could see that the package was delivered.

Less than a half hour later, USPS's Web site was updated to show that my package had been delivered.

The 21282 zip code is the zip code for the Pikesville Post Office. The 21208 zip code is the zip code on the application.

So if you are tracking your application and it says it is at zip code 21282, that means it has been arrived at the Pikesville Post Office and is waiting to be picked up by the MSP's courier.

I have no idea who the MSP courier is. I just assume that it is a non-sworn MSP state employee whose job it is to go and get the mail.

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    Just in case anyone cares, I went to All American Protective Services, LLC in Rockville, MD to get my LiveScan prints done. Cost was $27 for the printing, plus the $37.50 background check. I made an appointment on their Web site, but I think they will take walk-ins.

The lady who did my prints was very nice. She gave me a total of three copies of the receipt as proof the prints were taken (one for the application and two for my records). She also did passport photos for $10.00. She was also very pro-Second Amendment.

The receptionist was also very nice. She notorized my application while I was waiting to have my prints done. Cost was $5.00. I could have had it done for free at my bank. But I was already there and it saved me a trip. So I was happy.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Is this the correct address and zip? I ask because I'm gong to be taking care of this tomorrow morning once I get out of work and I'll be very tired. I don't want any mistakes.

Maryland State Police
    Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208

Make all checks payable to Maryland State Police for 75 dollars since I did my live scan the other day for 54.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Is this the correct address and zip? I ask because I'm gong to be taking care of this tomorrow morning once I get out of work and I'll be very tired. I don't want any mistakes.

Maryland State Police
    Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208

Make all checks payable to Maryland State Police for 75 dollars since I did my live scan the other day for 54.
    Yes, that is correct.:thumbsup:

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    MSP has a new application available which shows 2x2 photos are acceptable (courtesy of a post made by Threeband in the Woollard decision thread).

The new application, which does not contain either a date code of a document version number, also requests Cell Phone and Email contact fields for submitted references.

This 2x2 pic app...seems to be down right now...

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    I have two questions and I have not seen answers to either of them in any of the threads about CCW permit applications. My apologies if these have already been answered.

1. Some people have said they are also sending in copies of their other permits (UT, FL, VA, etc.) I don't see where the applications asks for this. Should I send this in anyway?
    2. Also, I would like to list some of my LEO friends as references. They are okay with me listing them but the agencies they work for are "officially" not in favor of CCW. If I list them, could I be getting them in hot water with their departments?

Thanks for the help.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I have two questions and I have not seen answers to either of them in any of the threads about CCW permit applications. My apologies if these have already been answered.

1. Some people have said they are also sending in copies of their other permits (UT, FL, VA, etc.) I don't see where the applications asks for this. Should I send this in anyway?
    2. Also, I would like to list some of my LEO friends as references. They are okay with me listing them but the agencies they work for are "officially" not in favor of CCW. If I list them, could I be getting them in hot water with their departments?

Thanks for the help.
    I would say no to #1
    As for question 2, if they are ok with it I would use them. They have a life outside the department and can speak for your character in an unofficial capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom