Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Oh man, that does suck!

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I would imagine that Matthews would want to have that limb back to see what happened and would cover it. Let us know as I am curious to see how their customer service is.

Well 2 years ago the other limb did something similar. It is a 15yo bow. Last time I was lucky enough to find a Mathews dealer that happened to have a spare limb from a parts bow they found laying in the store room of their shop. The dealer had previously contacted Mathews to obtain a new limb but Mathews no longer stocked parts for that bow.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well 2 years ago the other limb did something similar. It is a 15yo bow. Last time I was lucky enough to find a Mathews dealer that happened to have a spare limb from a parts bow they found laying in the store room of their shop. The dealer had previously contacted Mathews to obtain a new limb but Mathews no longer stocked parts for that bow.

Sorry to hear about this. This is not the time that this needed to happen. Good luck finding the parts needed to make the repairs. You might want to check with Cabela's, I think they have a sale going on now. After 15 years, the bow may need to be retired.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Son was walking through the woods yesterday and spooked a big doe. She was bedding down and he was able to walk up on her to about 20 yards, then she bolted and took off. He didn't have his bow, he was just looking around.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Wow, what day! My 15yo son decided this was the year he is really going to hunt a lot and work on filling the family freezer himself.

We went out this morning and at about 7:30 a small 6 point came in and stood broad side at 25 yards, i told him to take the shot whenever he was ready. He shot and hit a little far back and hit the liver. I blame it on buck fever since he is probably a better shot than me and most MDS members :innocent0

Anyways, knowing it wasnt a great shot we let the deer lay for a while and when we found first blood we had dark red blood and a great blood trail. Then Murphys law kicked in and the blood litterally stopped like someone turn off a valve. We looked all over and nothing! I had to leave for work, but i told my son to keep looking.

After hunting with me for years he knew a deer that didnt go down fast was heading for water so he started walking the creek and found his buck!

So now i have a 15yo that has never gutted a deer face timing me and we are doing step by field dressing on face time. It was a mess!!! To make matters worse, my wife helped him drag it out, i'm gonna be in the dog house for this one :sad20:

My brother SummittCnty stopped by to help and the deer is at the butcher shop. All in all it was a crazy day, but he has a great first buck story :thumbsup:

Can somebody fix the sideway picture please

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      157.8 KB · Views: 236

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Excellent for your son to stay with it till the end. A lot of hunters would not have. VERY nice first buck. The memories is what counts. They will last him a life time. The job you did raising your son shows.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Thanks guys, i'll pass on the congrats to my son.

Are you sure he wasn't shot in the driveway? That buck was probably investigating the deer feeder in the background. lol

LOL...i was waiting for that. Thats an old feeder that squirrels chewed up. I need to finish fixing it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That flex seal works, Walmart sales it.

I fixed a few corn storage bins with it, and it's holding up pretty good. Damn squirrels ate the corners out of the tops.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Congrats to your son nice first deer, and congrats to you for teaching him not to give up the search.

Since my primary bow is down I knocked the dust off my 20 year old bow, and it works just as good as it ever has. 15 yard shot facing straight on spined her.

Attachments

• 0929171903.jpg
      0929171903.jpg
      33.6 KB · Views: 224

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Congrats to your son nice first deer, and congrats to you for teaching him not to give up the search.

Since my primary bow is down I knocked the dust off my 20 year old bow, and it works just as good as it ever has. 15 yard shot facing straight on spined her.

What's that make you for the year so far? 623 deer?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wow, what day! My 15yo son decided this was the year he is really going to hunt a lot and work on filling the family freezer himself.

We went out this morning and at about 7:30 a small 6 point came in and stood broad side at 25 yards, i told him to take the shot whenever he was ready. He shot and hit a little far back and hit the liver. I blame it on buck fever since he is probably a better shot than me and most MDS members :innocent0

Anyways, knowing it wasnt a great shot we let the deer lay for a while and when we found first blood we had dark red blood and a great blood trail. Then Murphys law kicked in and the blood litterally stopped like someone turn off a valve. We looked all over and nothing! I had to leave for work, but i told my son to keep looking.

After hunting with me for years he knew a deer that didnt go down fast was heading for water so he started walking the creek and found his buck!

So now i have a 15yo that has never gutted a deer face timing me and we are doing step by field dressing on face time. It was a mess!!! To make matters worse, my wife helped him drag it out, i'm gonna be in the dog house for this one :sad20:

My brother SummittCnty stopped by to help and the deer is at the butcher shop. All in all it was a crazy day, but he has a great first buck story :thumbsup:

Can somebody fix the sideway picture please

That will be a memorable hunt for many reasons, told over and over. :D

Congrats to the young man and to the whole team effort. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom