• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DTTS

Apr 14, 2013
    I met Mr H today at the Annapolis Gun Show and he told me about this forum and the Maryland Shall Issue group.

I am the Outreach Director (unpaid position as are all of them) for the Armed Citizen Project, former Navy and current political activist. My group, founded by Kyle Coplen in Houston, Texas, gives free shotguns to single women and residents in high crime neighborhoods after they pass background checks and mandatory safety/tactical training.

I look forward to talking with you about the organization and anything else. You can follow me at twitter @tycapitalism and the ACP at @armedcznproject to see what I'm up to.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville and welcome to the growing movement. We need to unite or die after all. Settle in with some sweet lemonade (official beverage) and enjoy the show.

DTTS

Apr 14, 2013
    Well.... techniacally..... she DOES live in a high crime area.

Just sayin'....

Sup, DTTS!

Welcome to the forum.

We do give guns out to single-women so all she'd have to do is drop Joe and she'd qualify.

content_classpic.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    We do give guns out to single-women so all she'd have to do is drop Joe and she'd qualify.

Suppose she promises to "drop Joe" after she gets the shotgun?

Welcome and good luck with your organization. Arm the masses.

DTTS

Apr 14, 2013
    Welcome from Hafer's

Thanks!

Welcome to the show. I think your idea to arm single women in high crime areas is a great one. How many shot gun have you issued? Is your group nationwide ?

Over a dozen. We're fairly new and by the end of this month we should have an entire neighborhood armed. We have volunteers all over the country preparing to bring the program to various cities including Baltimore, Detroit, Dallas, San Antonio, New York City and more.

Suppose she promises to "drop Joe" after she gets the shotgun?

Welcome and good luck with your organization. Arm the masses.

I think we'd have to pass. Besides, we focus on people who can't afford a gun on their own.

Howdy.

www.mnarylandshallissue.org

Howdy to you too!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Pros - The surface concept is brilliantly simple. And one that a large percentage of the firearms community already believes.

Brief research - This is a class project of a Houston College student. Kyle Copeland concieved the idea Jan 23. In less than 30days he started a media blitz. Several TV and news interviews , and several large gun owner groups on the 'net .

So far - one group of dozen-ish single women from Houston had a training session , and received 20ga Singles. As of 3/31 this was the only group.

My take - I don't know yet. From the available information , which seems to be most of the publicly available info , there's not enought to make judgements.

The question in my mind, is this the startup of a nationwide endevor to arm the public ( or at least single parents , handicaped , and senior citizens already culturly incline to gun ownership and self defense , who live in certain bad , yet not too bad neighborhoods in States open to gun ownership generally ). Somewhat narrowed , but still lots of *us* would jump onto supporting this.

Or is this a more localized research paper to long term track crime data from that specific neighborhood in Houstan.

Or is this just a an experement flash networking to disapear after Mr Copeland turns in his paper at the end of the semester.

Show us - At the beginning the training startup is simple enough with a group of volunter instructor , and $100-ish wholesale shotguns.

Several hundred recipients is low hanging enough , either still in Houston , or in the cities that have anounced efforts under way.

Convince me. I want this to be real.

DTTS

Apr 14, 2013
    The question in my mind, is this the startup of a nationwide endevor to arm the public ( or at least single parents , handicaped , and senior citizens already culturly incline to gun ownership and self defense , who live in certain bad , yet not too bad neighborhoods in States open to gun ownership generally ). Somewhat narrowed , but still lots of *us* would jump onto supporting this.

Or is this a more localized research paper to long term track crime data from that specific neighborhood in Houstan.

Or is this just a an experement flash networking to disapear after Mr Copeland turns in his paper at the end of the semester.

Show us - At the beginning the training startup is simple enough with a group of volunter instructor , and $100-ish wholesale shotguns.

Several hundred recipients is low hanging enough , either still in Houston , or in the cities that have anounced efforts under way.

Convince me. I want this to be real.

This isn't a school project or a one-off event. We are arming Tucson, Arizona next and hopefully more cities than I can name. I'm personally working on, along with some volunteers in Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania starting up a project in Baltimore, MD.

We already know that communities with high gun ownership deter crime, so we are doing our best not only to do that in communities throughout the country but also to affect changes in the lives of law-abiding low-income Americans. We are looking to improve the quality of life for as many people as possible and having a tool to defend themselves is a great step in the right direction.

I'm not doing this for any Academic reason, I'm doing this because I love people and want to help.

Greetings from Elkton!

Greetings from Annapolis!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you!

welcome, I love what you are doing.

I appreciate it. Please, pass it on. Donate if you can, but spreading our message is a great service to us.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    You know what is strange...

DTTS has posted several times...but still it shows

Question for DTTS...why shotguns...I thought ARs were easier to handle?

DTTS

Apr 14, 2013
    You know what is strange...

DTTS has posted several times...but still it shows

Question for DTTS...why shotguns...I thought ARs were easier to handle?

We're not saying that ARs aren't, we use single-shot break-action 20 gauge shotguns for several reasons:

1. Cheap
    2. Tiny Learning Curve
    3. No major legal hurdles
    4. Ammo is in supply

If we're going to arm a significant number of folks we have to watch the cost per gun.

Speaking of AR-15s, we're raffling one off as we speak to those who donate.

As for my forum status, I wonder if it's because I haven't posted outside of Introductions yet. Unless...maybe...maybe I've passed on to the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom