• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I love this youtube channel! Rob from Ak Operators Union does 5000 round tests on AK platforms. He has started this test on the VZ58 and just posted the 2nd video.

I have a VZ58 and am eager for him to get started on the sand test where I hope to be pleasantly surprised. But, and anyone owning a VZ58 can vouch for this, the ejection port on this rifle is one massive opening to the heart and soul of the rifle. Fingers crossed, and enjoy the videos....

How many rounds have you shot through yours? I am nearing2k, no issues...

https://youtu.be/3HuGSjwy6lQ

https://youtu.be/4uOqGYB7QSY

Last edited:

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Just got one recently. I don't know why I waited so long to get it, it's awesome!!!

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I like mine but on reliability it's certainly no more reliable than any one of my Russian SKS rifles and certainly not more accurate.

Reliability is not an issue but accuracy I would say VZ, then SKS/milled AK, then stamped ak.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Reliability is not an issue but accuracy I would say VZ, then SKS/milled AK, then stamped ak.

I agree 100% with one exception. My SBR M92 seems to outshoot everything else I have in 7.62x39. To me, that's damned odd being that it's the shortest one of all.

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    I own VZ2008 I don't know how it compares to VZ 58 but I got more than 1000 rnds down pipe and it runs like a dream. Bolt and BCG have no signs of wear. Chrome lined barrel still sparkles...its accurate as hell

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I own VZ2008 I don't know how it compares to VZ 58 but I got more than 1000 rnds down pipe and it runs like a dream. Bolt and BCG have no signs of wear. Chrome lined barrel still sparkles...its accurate as hell

Agreed. However with it's rudimentary sights, hard to stay on target, for us "older" guys with older eyes. :rolleyes: It also kicks a little more than I like, but I have butt-stock pad on it and that helps.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Agreed. However with it's rudimentary sights, hard to stay on target, for us "older" guys with older eyes. :rolleyes: It also kicks a little more than I like, but I have butt-stock pad on it and that helps.

I forget who, but someone make a rail to replace the rear sight. Allows you to mount a red dot securely or a scout rifle. Or at least I am 99% sure I remember someone does.

Only own an SKS as well as a nearly done second SKS. One type 56. The other a sino/soviet mix master. The completed type 56 is decently accurate at around 3MOA with most 7.62x39 I’ve tried in it (5 MOA with federal fusion. Really does not like it for some reason). Except Wolf military classic. It runs 1.25MOA in it and I’ve had some sub MOA 5 shit groups with it.

It’s just odd. Pretty awesome, but I still feel dumbfounded. It’s an SKS, but outs out a group the size of a quarter at 50yds and open sights with the ammo sometimes and on a bad day with the ammo a silver dollar could cover the group at 50yds.

A Vz58/2008 is very high in my list of wants. It’s basically a Ruger Wrangler, 1903 and then a Vz58/2008.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I forget who, but someone make a rail to replace the rear sight. Allows you to mount a red dot securely or a scout rifle. Or at least I am 99% sure I remember someone does.

Only own an SKS as well as a nearly done second SKS. One type 56. The other a sino/soviet mix master. The completed type 56 is decently accurate at around 3MOA with most 7.62x39 I’ve tried in it (5 MOA with federal fusion. Really does not like it for some reason). Except Wolf military classic. It runs 1.25MOA in it and I’ve had some sub MOA 5 shit groups with it.

It’s just odd. Pretty awesome, but I still feel dumbfounded. It’s an SKS, but outs out a group the size of a quarter at 50yds and open sights with the ammo sometimes and on a bad day with the ammo a silver dollar could cover the group at 50yds.

A Vz58/2008 is very high in my list of wants. It’s basically a Ruger Wrangler, 1903 and then a Vz58/2008.

Bonesteel arms makes the rails that allows you to mount optics scout style, you can also buy the mount from RSRegulate (preferred for a scope).

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Bonesteel arms makes the rails that allows you to mount optics scout style, you can also buy the mount from RSRegulate (preferred for a scope).
    I have the RS Regulate side mount. The only issue with it is that the QD rail isn't really QD if you have the paratrooper stock, as the sling attachment point prevents it from coming off. Also you can't really get a cheek weld with a red dot and the paratrooper stock. You can get the Magpul Zhukov stock and RS Regulate adapter for the VZ58, but then you aren't going to be able to see your irons well and will have to rely on the red dot. It also adds a lot of weight to the back and doesn't look that great to me.

All in all I am tempted to leave the gun stock and just use the irons. Love how light and handy it is. Or just use foam and duct tape to build up a proper check weld on the paratrooper stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom