• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Was there any other text in CZ's reply?

No, there wasn't.

In the interest of transparency, this is the copy of the e-mail from CZ-USA:

OPsRGai.jpg

As 'W' so eloquently put it:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I would be pissed if I bought one.

Well, CZ-USA doesn't think you should be. Heck, they think you should be thrilled to own such an exclusive, limited edition collectible that's not only one of the most limited CZ P-01's ever produced (LMAO) but the only CZ ever made with slide rollmarks produced by their super-duper top secret laser auto-pencil, representing the very cutting-edge of Czech-Slovak technology.

InC05lT.gif

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Well, CZ-USA doesn't think you should be. Heck, they think you should be thrilled to own such an exclusive, limited edition collectible that's not only one of the most limited CZ P-01's ever produced (LMAO) but the only CZ ever made with slide rollmarks produced by their super-duper top secret laser auto-pencil, representing the very cutting-edge of Czech-Slovak technology.

InC05lT.gif

Yeah, I you should be so lucky!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Yeah, I you should be so lucky!

You gotta love that response from CZ-USA. "Yeah, we knew it really wasn't stainless steel but, hey, look at how limited and collectible it is anyway!" :lol2:

$20 says they'll 'find' another 'rare' batch of them before the end of the year. Hopefully, they'll label them as nickel-plated instead of stainless.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    You gotta love that response from CZ-USA. "Yeah, we knew it really wasn't stainless steel but, hey, look at how limited and collectible it is anyway!" :lol2:

$20 says they'll 'find' another 'rare' batch of them before the end of the year. Hopefully, they'll label them as nickel-plated instead of stainless.

And that will make those ultra rare and collectible!

The money just prints itself!

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Mossberg did this with their JIC Shockwave. It is marketed as a stainless gun until you find out it is stainless cerakote

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    The stainless P-01 owner I know followed-up the response (above) from CZ-USA with a very polite 'thank you but you didn't answer my question' e-mail to the same rep and he received this response:

gp6b7qO.jpg

He also told me that prior to getting booted-off CZ-FOG (Firearms Owners Group) on FB, he heard from another owner who claimed he had received a full refund from CZ-USA after sending his 'stainless' P-01 back to them about a month ago. While I find that somewhat hard to believe, I think it's the least CZ-USA should do for the 200 or so schmucks who bought them thinking they were really stainless steel.

More to come...

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Mossberg did this with their JIC Shockwave. It is marketed as a stainless gun until you find out it is stainless cerakote

Yeah, I won't do business with companies that pull that BS. I like my CZ's and shoot them a lot but, they don't make anything I can't live without.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I received a PM on the CZ Forum from the 'stainless steel' P-01-owner that has promised to keep us updated on what, if anything, CZ-USA is willing to do for him and other owners who were misled into believing they were buying a real stainless steel pistol:

Update: RMA received last Thursday, 6/13/19. Shipped to CZ-USA on 6/14/19. Package showing in-transit. No further coms from CZ-USA but, will keep you posted. I'm hopeful they'll do the right thing.

More to come... :party29:

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    This is quite possibly the dumbest reason to lose respect for a gun maker. I’ll do you a favor and buy your CZs at a huge discount since you don’t like them anymore lol

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    This is quite possibly the dumbest reason to lose respect for a gun maker. I’ll do you a favor and buy your CZs at a huge discount since you don’t like them anymore lol

Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. Kindly point-out where I said I didn't like them? You can like a company's products and not respect that company. I have no intention of parting with any of the CZ pistols I already own - so you can go pound sand and take a remedial course in reading comprehension while you're at it.

But, I'm glad you're OK with companies that blatantly and intentionally misrepresent their products. :lol2:

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    I’ve lurked here plenty and been here long before you, so i know you don’t mind giving unsolicited opinions. Figured you’d like a dose of your own medication. CZ is a stalwart supporter of 2A and will never lose my respect for that reason. You on the other hand lose respect for suggesting they’re not worthy because one gun’s finish isn’t perfect and then went all snowflake on a web forum to a stranger. I had a CZ 97 once that the bushing walked out under fire and caused the gun to seize up. I needed warranty repair and CZ fixed it, no questions asked. Did I trust the gun anymore? No. Did i immediately sell it? Yes. Do I still respect CZUB/CZUSA, of course. Do I go cry about it on a public forum and make a virtue signaling post about how I’ll never patronize the company again, no.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I’ve lurked here plenty and been here long before you, so i know you don’t mind giving unsolicited opinions. Figured you’d like a dose of your own medication. CZ is a stalwart supporter of 2A and will never lose my respect for that reason. You on the other hand lose respect for suggesting they’re not worthy because one gun’s finish isn’t perfect and then went all snowflake on a web forum to a stranger. I had a CZ 97 once that the bushing walked out under fire and caused the gun to seize up. I needed warranty repair and CZ fixed it, no questions asked. Did I trust the gun anymore? No. Did i immediately sell it? Yes. Do I still respect CZUB/CZUSA, of course. Do I go cry about it on a public forum and make a virtue signaling post about how I’ll never patronize the company again, no.

Go back to lurking because you don’t know what you’re talking about. CZ lied about the guns. They marketed them as stainless steel. They’re not. They’re nickel plated to look like stainless steel. That’s fraud. So you’re defending the company for committing fraud?

Edited to add. And they only admitted it when the guns started to have a problem with the plating coming off.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

:lol:

That's great that you're fine with a manufacturer intentionally misrepresenting an item they're selling and then telling customers that they were lucky to get them when they found-out.

But I'd be happy to sell you a CZ Shadow 5000 which looks just like a CZ-75 but is actually an uber-secret future release, with 'Special Gullible Customer Edition' electro-penciled on the slide so you can show it off to all your friends. It'll be a bargain at $1000.

Sorry to break your bubble but, there are no merit badges for number of years lurked.

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That's great that you're fine with a manufacturer intentionally misrepresenting an item

Did you get a final, verified story on which part of the national or domestic CZ distribution or retail food chain actually commissioned these, and labeled them? I don't recall seeing that actually described in no uncertain terms. They're obviously starting to take care of people on it, but I haven't yet seen any indication that the factory actually set out to deliberately misrepresent the item. Do you have that scoop yet?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Did you get a final, verified story on which part of the national or domestic CZ distribution or retail food chain actually commissioned these, and labeled them? I don't recall seeing that actually described in no uncertain terms. They're obviously starting to take care of people on it, but I haven't yet seen any indication that the factory actually set out to deliberately misrepresent the item. Do you have that scoop yet?

CZ-USA isn't exactly being forthright. If I interpret their actions correctly, it's kind of like, 'Oops, we goofed, sorry about that but, you should be thrilled to own such a limited edition firearm even if it isn't made out of what we said it was made out of..." as the initial response to customer's complaints about being misled. We may never find-out who actually commissioned them but, CZ-USA seems eager to resolve the issue with dissatisfied customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom