• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    Are there any outdoor ranges near Bethany beach de? I am there a couple of weekends a month and looking for a place to shoot my rifles. Thanks,

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    I think the one in Georgetown is JD Defense. It's a small family run operation. When you pull up it just looks like a house. The shop is on the right side of the house, I think the owners live on the left side.

They have a nice size pistol range and I think the rifle range goes out to 100 yards.

My daughter lives in Fenwick and I took her there once. It was nice, we were the only ones there that day. The people that own it are pretty nice too.

Phone: 302.856.6910
    18140 County Seat Hwy
    Georgetown, DE19947

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    Thanks everyone for the information sounds like I will try Georgetown 1st. Do you know how long the rifle range is at Delmarva sporting clays?

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    300 just what I was looking for

Thank you all, I purchased a new SCAR 17S and want to streach it out and 300 is a good start. This sounds perfect for me to have some variety.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    I have shot at JD Defense. Nice guy, seems like a friendly place. I was there on a weekday, and it was not crowded at all.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    50, 100, 200 & 300

Now 50, 100, 200, 300 & 500

But you have to pay an extra $5 or something on the 500 because you are using their Gator to run back and forth to the 500 so you don't have the whole range shut down for half the day setting & checking your targets on the 500

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    If you really want to stretch it out, there's also the Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club near Bridgeville, DE. They've recently added a 1,000 yard range. It's a club, so you probably have to be a member to use the range unless you're participating in a competition that's open to the public. Their website doesn't have any information on how to join, but it looks like annual dues are only $75/yr.

I remember other threads on MDS which discussed the membership process. Here's the link to their website:
    http://bville-rifle-pistol.org/

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I never heard of Sussex Sportsmen Club, might be Nanicoke Sportsman Club in Seaford, DE? Their Trap range open to the public but other ranges for members & guests.

As far as public ranges, near B.B. would be J D Defense outside Georgetown De on route 9, he charges $15 an hour, has mostly pistol and rifle benches.

Checkout map of ranges in DE

http://rangelistings.com/state.php?state=DE

Never been, but have read that you can visit JD once at the hourly rate but after that must be a member to use. Not sure if it's still that way or not.

http://www.jddefense.com/range.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom