Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Edged Weapons
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:47 AM #1401
Удачи!

Удачи!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventus View Post
MAAAAANN, thanks a lot. Now I'll be researching industrial art for many weeks to come!
LOL You're welcome. I find that if I tell myself that, it makes blowing the $ and Hilton points on Amazon a little bit easier to reconcile.

Knife shopping is awesome and I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I apparently do. I can easily kill 2-3 hours, or and even longer, if I'm looking for something specific. For example, I had been wanting something from Lion Steel ever since 2SAM22 posted a pic of his Kur a few weeks ago but, didn't know that they were also partners with Bastinelli Creations, known mainly for their tactical blades and accessories. I was within a few clicks of purchasing a Lion Steel Kur for myself when the Bastinelli 'RED' folder (above) popped-up on my recommended list and after an hour of reading-up and watching reviews on YouTube in English, French and Italian (with subtitles) I switched the Kur for the Bastinelli RED.
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 01:35 PM #1402

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SAM22 View Post
The FKMD looks like a beast.

Heads up on a sale for a nice discontinued ZT titanium frame lock flipper. Couldn't resist pulling the trigger. Ships Tuesday. http://kershawguy.com/products-page/...-in-stock-now/
2SAM22,

Did you receive this knife? My wife is bugging me for a Christmas list. I am interested in this knife.

How's it feel in the hand?

“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

-Dolly Parton
willtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:36 PM #1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtill View Post
2SAM22,

Did you receive this knife? My wife is bugging me for a Christmas list. I am interested in this knife.

How's it feel in the hand?
I did. Feels great, very smooth action. I'm surprised they aren't sold out.

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object3/489/42/n73725616317_6078.jpgConcerns of Police Survivors, Inc. (COPS)
2SAM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:35 AM #1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SAM22 View Post
I did. Feels great, very smooth action. I'm surprised they aren't sold out.
Thanks! Just sent a wish list out to Santa... knife requested

“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

-Dolly Parton
willtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:59 AM #1405

Quote:

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object3/489/42/n73725616317_6078.jpgConcerns of Police Survivors, Inc. (COPS)
2SAM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 08:05 AM #1406
Удачи!

Удачи!

Quote:
Got to try out a friend's ZT 0562 a few weeks ago and liked it enough to want a ZT flipper of my own. The problem is, ZT makes so many different ones that it'll take six months to figure-out which one I like best. The 0920 looks like a solid choice.
Old December 6th, 2018, 08:55 AM #1407

I got a benchmade hidden canyon for gutting deer this year. It's nearly perfect. Used it five times so far this season and still going strong. The steep country is pretty good too but almost too light. I guess I prefer a shorter blade. I tried a few Muella knives and they are pretty good for one or two deer before they need to be sharpened. What is everyone favorite knife for field dressing deer?
onedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 09:22 AM #1408
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz_man View Post
Got to try out a friend's ZT 0562 a few weeks ago and liked it enough to want a ZT flipper of my own. The problem is, ZT makes so many different ones that it'll take six months to figure-out which one I like best. The 0920 looks like a solid choice.
Check out the ZT 0350. If I could only have one folder that I actually use, it would be that knife. Not crazy expensive, a little beefy, durable as hell and a smooth operator after years of use.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...Tolerance+0350
Aventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:04 PM #1409
For great Justice

For great Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz_man View Post
Handling them helps, although not many places carry them, have found some that I thought I would like, and didn't, and some that I ended up buying after handling them, where I wouldn't have otherwise. I GREATLY prefer the KVT knives over the speed safe, they tend to be lighter, slimmer, close easier, and flip better. The Sinkevich models are probably the best out now IMO(450,452,460,462,456), have a 0452 that was on my radar, but after handling it, I bought it right away, fits the hand perfectly while being really slim, light and discrete in the pocket, amazing considering it's a 4" blade. The Hinderer models are always a solid choice, even if they are a little fat, and have thick blades. Every now and then discontinued models show up on clearance, got my 804CF for $130 that way, great large folder that sold for over $200 before the clearance, and again after they dried up.
"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 06:58 PM #1410
Удачи!

Удачи!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventus View Post
Check out the ZT 0350. If I could only have one folder that I actually use, it would be that knife. Not crazy expensive, a little beefy, durable as hell and a smooth operator after years of use.
I agree. I think that's one worth seriously considering because it would be a great all-around utility EDC and it's very reasonably priced. I like the chunky-look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
Handling them helps, although not many places carry them, have found some that I thought I would like, and didn't, and some that I ended up buying after handling them, where I wouldn't have otherwise. I GREATLY prefer the KVT knives over the speed safe, they tend to be lighter, slimmer, close easier, and flip better. The Sinkevich models are probably the best out now IMO(450,452,460,462,456), have a 0452 that was on my radar, but after handling it, I bought it right away, fits the hand perfectly while being really slim, light and discrete in the pocket, amazing considering it's a 4" blade. The Hinderer models are always a solid choice, even if they are a little fat, and have thick blades. Every now and then discontinued models show up on clearance, got my 804CF for $130 that way, great large folder that sold for over $200 before the clearance, and again after they dried up.
I've visited Sean at Edgeworks in Frederick a few times recently and he's been happy to let me handle the 0393, 0801, 0850, 0920 and 0450. Of those, I like the 0450 and 0393 the most but, I know that's just scratching the surface with Zero Tolerance. I won't even try to guess how many other flipper models they build and it'll take me a little while to absorb ZT's full catalog. I like the 0562 so much, though, that I'm itching to try-out its smaller brother, the 0566. I'm also trying to find a place locally that has an 0470 in-stock.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Edged Weapons