Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:12 AM #221
pbharvey's Avatar
pbharvey pbharvey is offline
Habitual Testifier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,045
pbharvey pbharvey is offline
Habitual Testifier
pbharvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,045
I remember sitting next to you Tim one time when we testified in Annapolis. I remember you talking about showing vacant homes and model homes.

So here it is, an agent found murdered in a model home in Hanover.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...ver-model-home
__________________
Brian

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: Itís the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a personís heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:14 AM #222
PJDiesel's Avatar
PJDiesel PJDiesel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cecil
Posts: 13,365
PJDiesel PJDiesel is offline
Senior Member
PJDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cecil
Posts: 13,365
Lovely.....
PJDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:32 AM #223
Don H Don H is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,359
Don H Don H is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,359
After listening to the closed hearing this stood out to me:
"the person who he is given this right, this permission to do so, carry"
Don H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:17 PM #224
Blaster229's Avatar
Blaster229 Blaster229 is offline
God loves you, I don't.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glen Burnie
Posts: 29,090
Blaster229 Blaster229 is offline
God loves you, I don't.
Blaster229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glen Burnie
Posts: 29,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
I remember sitting next to you Tim one time when we testified in Annapolis. I remember you talking about showing vacant homes and model homes.

So here it is, an agent found murdered in a model home in Hanover.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...ver-model-home
Not to nit pick, but nit pick, the guy was a salesman in a model home sample. Not an actual agent showing a customer he brought. Sitting in a model home usually alone is not the safest of things.
__________________
Do the do's. Don't do the don'ts.
Blaster229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:20 PM #225
PJDiesel's Avatar
PJDiesel PJDiesel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cecil
Posts: 13,365
PJDiesel PJDiesel is offline
Senior Member
PJDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cecil
Posts: 13,365
I was gonna say it too.... but...

This most likely what as know as "sitting a model".

Builders/developers are not required to used licensed agents for this position. Very rare that an actual commission based salesperson (Realtor) is in this position.

Nonetheless, unless this was someone he knows...... sucks to die just trying to do a job.
PJDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:40 PM #226
pbharvey's Avatar
pbharvey pbharvey is offline
Habitual Testifier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,045
pbharvey pbharvey is offline
Habitual Testifier
pbharvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster229 View Post
Not to nit pick, but nit pick, the guy was a salesman in a model home sample. Not an actual agent showing a customer he brought. Sitting in a model home usually alone is not the safest of things.
I get that but part of Tim's testimony was that people should have the legal right to arm themselves and that vacants and model homes can present a dangerous situation. I know women who picked up weekend gigs babysitting model homes and it always made me a little uncomfortable. I think Tim's argument was that as a realtor he was more susceptible to this type of danger because of his day-to-day but in reality its not just agents.
__________________
Brian

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: Itís the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a personís heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:22 PM #227
Blaster229's Avatar
Blaster229 Blaster229 is offline
God loves you, I don't.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glen Burnie
Posts: 29,090
Blaster229 Blaster229 is offline
God loves you, I don't.
Blaster229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glen Burnie
Posts: 29,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
I get that but part of Tim's testimony was that people should have the legal right to arm themselves and that vacants and model homes can present a dangerous situation. I know women who picked up weekend gigs babysitting model homes and it always made me a little uncomfortable. I think Tim's argument was that as a realtor he was more susceptible to this type of danger because of his day-to-day but in reality its not just agents.
Yes. LOL
__________________
Do the do's. Don't do the don'ts.
Blaster229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:50 PM #228
Glaron's Avatar
Glaron Glaron is offline
Cynical Smartass
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,699
Glaron Glaron is offline
Cynical Smartass
Glaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDiesel View Post
Builders/developers are not required to used licensed agents for this position. Very rare that an actual commission based salesperson (Realtor) is in this position.
It's for the children.... Who's we don't know.
__________________
NRA Life Member , NMA Life Member
-----------------
We don't let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns? óJoseph Stalin
Glaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
despots in msp, hprb, wear and carry permit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service