Over 2 Months Waiting for C&R License - Anyone Else Have that Experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm starting to wonder what the hell happen. It's been over 2 months since I dropped it in the mail. My credit card was charged like a week later for the fee but nothing since.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    If I remember correctly, they say they'll refund the fee if you're not approved. So watch for that I guess. Mine was done in just under a month. Not sure if there's someone you can call. My dad put his in ~2 weeks ago so I'll update if his comes back anytime soon.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm starting to wonder what the hell happen. It's been over 2 months since I dropped it in the mail. My credit card was charged like a week later for the fee but nothing since.

You need to call them, it shouldn't take that long. They might have mailed it and the postal service might have misplaced it.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Mine took just under 5 weeks this time and I'm in Howard County. My first license came in 2-3 weeks. So this one took almost twice as long.

I re-applied versus renewed, but since I had a license before it should have been quicker - or so I thought. It wouldn't hurt to call the ATF during the week to ask about your status.

The toll free Federal Firearms Licensing Center (FFLC) number is (866) 662-2750.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    the envelope looks much like junkmail with the little clear window with your address though. Make sure you look at the return address of EVERYTHING.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I found the FFLC to be very helpful. I think reaching out to them could be a good idea given the amount of time you've waited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I think mine took a bit over a month. I missed a question on the form initially and they sent it back for correction. I made the edit and sent it back and was approved within a few weeks after that. This was about a year ago.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I sent in my renewal in late Feb. The card was charged first week of March and I still dont have it. I called last week and the lady said it was processing and If I dont get it by mid April to call again

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I just called BATFE today and they said it is still "In Process" and that it could take up to 90 days total. So I guess I will call in another 3 weeks if I don't hear anything.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I just called BATFE today and they said it is still "In Process" and that it could take up to 90 days total. So I guess I will call in another 3 weeks if I don't hear anything.

Now you've done it. There's a little asterisk by your name.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now you've done it. There's a little asterisk by your name.

That's the least of his worries, depending on just what they found out in the background check.

If it was me, I'd consider spending the next month in an undisclosed location.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    The first two came in 4-5 weeks. I just reapplied after letting the last one expire last year. I know they have up to 90 days to issue a license, hopefully it does not take that long.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    I renewed mine recently (April). I enclosed a check and I received my new license in about 3 weeks. Actually, I was surprised how fast it went through.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    So I got my packet in the mail on Tuesday but still no License. Noticed the Town and zipcode on the envelope it was sent to was incorrect and was hand corrected. Guessing my license was incorrectly addressed too but someone didnt catch it. Im HOPING it was returned to ATF as undeliverable and someone isnt out buying stuff as ME.

I called ATF yesterday to notify them I think they screwed up. and hoping to find out IF they had my correct NEW address in the system or if it was wrong there too and have them correct it if not, and find out what they do when it goes to the wrong address.

I got a faceless govt drone who had zero personality and was little help. I explained the situation. He said "It was sent out on April 13 , you didnt get your license?" I said NO. Then without a word, he immediately transferred me to some lady's voice mail. No "here is who Im transferring you to, no here is what we are going to do, no here is what you should do. No, If you get cut off call xxx-xxxxx.

SO of course I left home work and cell numbers and times Im at each and no call back. So Now I have to call again and hopefully get someone with a clue who wants to be a little bit helpful to try and resolve the situation. I cant even call that lady back because he never gave me a number and her voicemail didnt specify it.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    995796_176236095891927_1187301072_n.jpg

Here's the only person working in the C&R office, that's why mine took so long I forgot about it till it came in the mail ...... four months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom