• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Being "down" doesn't mean "subdued". I didn't see the guy subdued. They were trying to get him subdued. Big difference.

I won't argue the point. Just my observation. That said when some one is lying on the ground and 4 or 5 people are on top of you, I'm pretty sure that's subdued. As far as I could tell, the guy wasn't Chuck Norris.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I won't argue the point. Just my observation. That said when some one is lying on the ground and 4 or 5 people are on top of you, I'm pretty sure that's subdued. As far as I could tell, the guy wasn't Chuck Norris.

You don't have to be Chuck Norris to hurt somebody badly on the ground, outnumbered or not. Or go for their gun. Which in my opinion may have already happened once if you look at the tape. He earned everything he got.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    when some one is lying on the ground and 4 or 5 people are on top of you, I'm pretty sure that's subdued.

I'm not, but after trying to subdue a 15 y/o on PCP I can tell you having 4 people on him he wasn't subdued.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    You don't have to be Chuck Norris to hurt somebody badly on the ground, outnumbered or not. Or go for their gun. Which in my opinion may have already happened once if you look at the tape. He earned everything he got.

I must have missed the part where he was going for a gun once he was down. Like I said, not going to argue the point. My original comment was in response to why some MSP were under investigation.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Update: I heard yesterday that two troopers are facing departmental charges for excessive force from this incident.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I would think it's gonna be kind of hard to sustain any charges considering their spokesman told the press it was justified use of force right afterwards.

Then again it's MSP and they never miss a chance to hammer their own people. I remember when I used to go to management seminars with MSP mid-level commanders. Most of them had one universal response to almost every problem scenario presented. Charge the officer. No other managerial solutions. Just start hammering people with suspensions and everything will work out fine.

It'll get better though. We now have a law and order governor. He won't make a big deal of doing something like signing an ACLU/BLM pandering bill dismantling the LEOBR with a smile on his face. Oh, wait.....

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I must have missed the part where he was going for a gun once he was down. Like I said, not going to argue the point. My original comment was in response to why some MSP were under investigation.

I didn't say when he was down. Watch the tape when he starts running and partially turns amd sweeps his hands back towards her gun twice in quick succession.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I didn't say when he was down. Watch the tape when he starts running and partially turns amd sweeps his hands back towards her gun twice in quick succession.

I guess we aren't understanding one another's comments. You are referring to before he was taken down and I'm referring to after he was on the ground.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I guess we aren't understanding one another's comments. You are referring to before he was taken down and I'm referring to after he was on the ground.

I thought my logic was obvious but I guess maybe not. My bad. My point is if someone does something once they are likely to try it again.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD

"Down and Subdued" means he has stopped resisting and moving. Maybe he's moving to get someone knee out his groin, maybe he's moving to try to get free, does not matter. I'll err on the side of officer safety every time.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Observation is one thing. Actually having done this plenty of times on bad guys and many more times in training, is not an observation. It's real experience of mine and others here.

Shame the lynch mob after these guys don't act with their supposed experience instead of trying to satisfy that of the inexperienced public.

All it takes is for any number of cops on top of someone is to get an elbow, finger or foot on the eye socket to take them out of the fight.
    You don't know what agency I work for and that's fine. What I can tell you is that we train this stuff often and a lot of guys are tearing rotator cuffs, just in training. The idea is to swarm the subject so we don't get hurt.

This guy is a big son of a bitch too.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I'm not, but after trying to subdue a 15 y/o on PCP I can tell you having 4 people on him he wasn't subdued.
    Mine was mid 20's little guy. Four man engine company. Had the two PMs trapped in Psychiatrist Office. Two 275+ linebacker type FFs each take a leg and take him down. Other two FFs take an arm each and pin his shoulders down. Doc and the Road Docs bail. Road Docs coming back in with equipment, low growl, and the next thing I know I'm peeling my butt out of the broken paneling and tactfully retreating.....four guys thrown off like they were nothing........it's the cops problem now that everyone's out of the room!!!!

BTW - No known weapons involved.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Well, I used to hate apPARENT coaches in soccer. Damn moms and dads knew everything...

I have been a senior boarding officer/FED LEO but arrests and prisoner control were fairly limited. Resistance was generally frowned upon at sea. Suspects usually pretty resolved to get it over with and unenthusiastic about chances to outrun mil/gov assets at all of for long.

I am delighted to see the MDS past time of arguing with experts is alive and well.

While I count myself as having experience, it pales in comparison to folks who do it every day. Drugs and adrenaline can make for incredible strength and unexplainable ability to tolerate pain or injury.

To the armchair quarterbacks...y'all keep it up. Don't let these folks who are LEOs fool you. You know the deal...:sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20::innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom