• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    There were a bunch of the RR ties laying around maybe 100 yards from my parking area. I thought "Hmmmmm", but how to drag those heavy things over, if they are even free for the taking. I was thinking more to frame my backstops to help with erosion. But still literally a drag (anyone have some mules to lend? LOL). If you guys all know where Elk Mills RR crossing is, maybe you can all take turns keeping on eye on my land. My place is not too far away. There's a shooting range there you know LOL, and I'm not there very much. ( though I have no idea of liability when letting others use the place, other than with hunting). I could call it the MD Shooter's Grumpy Shooting Club or something. LOL. I need targets of 4 wheelers and dirt bikes printed up, which will be stuck all over trees after use. ha ha ha ha ha

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    BTW, another suggestion is to have signs made up, but not just no trespassing signs, but something to the effect of "Danger, Foxtrap Hunting Club Area"

The low-lifes know that no treaspassing signs can't be enforced, but getting accidently shot while trespassing on a hunt club leaves them little legal grounds...

Sorry but this statement is not true. Trespassing signs are 100% enforceable in Maryland. You actually have to have your property sign posted or marked (blue spray paint I believe on a tree / post) in order to have a trespassing charge stick.

I have been to court on many occasions to press charges against trespassers. The Maryland State Police are typically the officers who respond. They know me pretty well as I've gone to court with them many times for this. Short and sweet. Typically in the court room for 15 minutes. I tell the public defender, who knows me by face now :) that I'm still not interested in stet dockets and that I'm more than willing to go across the street for an appeal (circuit court). Time lost does not bother me. I am sending a clear message that my property is not anyone's hang out. Idiots get a fine and I'm on my way.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Two armed home invasions in North East last week (span of 4 days)

Keep the ammo dry!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Two armed home invasions in North East last week (span of 4 days)

Keep the ammo dry!

Awesome. Here's to hoping someone gets straight up SMOKED when trying this around here.

"Home invasion" is used quite a bit for "I'm coming to take all that dope I saw you with earlier". Not all of the time, but quite a bit lately. :o

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I'm going to recommend NO form of booby trapping.

A kid was killed a month or so ago off of Nazerene Camp RD, ran into a cable chest high. Word is there could be charges filed against the land owner. Sounds ass backwards I know, but even while trespassing if someone is fvcked up bad enough on your property you could be held liable.

If this guy gets charged for putting up a cable in the open, not hidden, there will be a huge backlash in the county. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.
    He merely did what most large landowners have down for decades.
    The miscreants using his property as their own playground for years prompted his protection measures, which are very common ones to employ.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If this guy gets charged for putting up a cable in the open, not hidden, there will be a huge backlash in the county. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.
    He merely did what most large landowners have down for decades.
    The miscreants using his property as their own playground for years prompted his protection measures, which are very common ones to employ.

Agreed. I have a shit ton of barbed wire, 14 strands/7 feet tall in some section. They (presumably 4 wheelers) cut it all the way up to make holes to come through. Shit is sharp......

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members