• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    When some jokers claim the R’s are no different from the D’s, they are clueless about the importance of winning elections.

The Democrats were very shortsighted when the got rid of the filibuster on judges. We will see the full effect when Trump wins again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    When some jokers claim the R’s are no different from the D’s, they are clueless about the importance of winning elections.

The Democrats were very shortsighted when the got rid of the filibuster on judges. We will see the full effect when Trump wins again.

Could that be interpreted as, losing at their own game? :lol2:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Ninth Circuit Judge Kim McLane Wardlaw, a Clinton appointee, noted that most of the Trump appointees are still in transition, with the heat of the political process of Senate confirmation not far behind them. She said she was optimistic the 9th Circuit would continue to be collegial.

Another judge predicted that even the hard-charging Collins, educated at Harvard and Stanford, “will mellow.”

“I think he will be fine, though he will never be a go-along-get-along guy,” the judge said.

The (D)'s made the political process "heated" and now their judges are bristling that the new comers won't be "go-along-get-along"?

That's gold, Jerry, absolute gold.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Dems never complained when a Dem President "flipped" a previously red Circuit blue. The truth is Trump isn't "flipping" anything...he's restoring the judiciary to a more Constitutionally based philosophy rather than a politically motivated activist philosophy that legislates rather than interpreting cases against the Constitution.

Neither party has any entitlement to having the judiciary shaped their own way. Either the judiciary is grounded in Constitutional principles or it isn't...and it hasn't been for far too long. Trump is merely restoring it to what the Framers envisioned...and the political Left is opposed to that as they depend on activist judges to provide what legislation won't.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    For all of the people who bitch about Trump, THIS IS EXACTLY WHY HE NEEDS TO BE RE-ELECTED.

This^^^^ because the next president will probably have 3 Supreme court nominee's

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

You've got warren in the debates openly calling on the senate to get rid of the filibuster entirely. Yup, that's what the government needs...more intensity and a faster timeline in the polar shifts back and forth.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    You've got warren in the debates openly calling on the senate to get rid of the filibuster entirely. Yup, that's what the government needs...more intensity and a faster timeline in the polar shifts back and forth.

We used to be constitutionally insulated from that until the 17th amendment, which turned state-appointed Senators into at-large elected representatives.

Maryland did not ratify the 17th until 99 years (2012) after it was adopted. A clear signal that Progressives were at the helm. The Progressives were behind the 17th amendment when it was introduced. Progressives are like Marxists without the revolution.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    We used to be constitutionally insulated from that until the 17th amendment, which turned state-appointed Senators into at-large elected representatives.

Maryland did not ratify the 17th until 99 years (2012) after it was adopted. A clear signal that Progressives were at the helm. The Progressives were behind the 17th amendment when it was introduced. Progressives are like Marxists without the revolution.

:thumbsup:

Progressives / Marxists = same / same

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    For all of the people who bitch about Trump, THIS IS EXACTLY WHY HE NEEDS TO BE RE-ELECTED.

He may be slashing bureaucratic regulations, restoring constitutional principles, securing our borders, achieving full employment, re-stabilizing the international order, and generally making America great again, but seriously... his mannerisms are beyond the pale. I mean, ask yourself: "To which Ivy League Fraternity did he pledge?" Hmmmm?

Exactly.

No, I'm afraid he simply must go. We should all write in Mitt Romney this November.

At least Mitt knows which fork to use at a formal dinner.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    He may be slashing bureaucratic regulations, restoring constitutional principles, securing our borders, achieving full employment, re-stabilizing the international order, and generally making America great again, but seriously... his mannerisms are beyond the pale. I mean, ask yourself: "To which Ivy League Fraternity did he pledge?" Hmmmm?

Exactly.

No, I'm afraid he simply must go. We should all write in Mitt Romney this November.

At least Mitt knows which fork to use at a formal dinner.

Unless Mike Rowe decides to run, I’m still riding the Trump train.

Mike Rowe 2024!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    :thumbsup:

Progressives / Marxists = same / same

Marx believed that the only way to separate the property from those who owned it was violent revolution. Progressives don't see the need in revolution. They believe that the state will eventually own everything when they tax the owners (and their inheritors) of said property to death. Both espouse a utopia that will never exist on this earth, except for the protected and unmentioned privileged class.

So, yeah, I guess it's just easier to say Progressives / Marxists = 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom