• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Never understood why it was called a training bra, what does it train them to do?
    It is for the little boys to learn on. That's why it only has one or two clasps. Easier to get off the subject girl in a hurry. Then faced with those monster six/eight/ten clasp devices, they can achieve the promised land faster.

#setthepuppiesfree

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    With a 13 year old girl in the house, you guys do not amuse me. Do not ever mention the word training or bra in the same sentence to said subject.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Not sure if this has been brought up, but what if there was a mandatory 2 year military service required for all citizens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of the point in #200. Many members here had training in a military branch by draft or volunteer. 18 yos or 20 somethings today, it's just the opposite, most have never served. Many go to buy a gun w/o any peers that have any firearms knowledge. My father and uncle both served in Korea etc. My father was never a gun guy, but knew the ropes and passed on safety instruction. My uncle was more in to guns, and I shot with him. I think the majority on this board may come from a background where they had a experienced mentor readily available. Those days are waning.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A bit of the point in #200. Many members here had training in a military branch by draft or volunteer. 18 yos or 20 somethings today, it's just the opposite, most have never served. Many go to buy a gun w/o any peers that have any firearms knowledge. My father and uncle both served in Korea etc. My father was never a gun guy, but knew the ropes and passed on safety instruction. My uncle was more in to guns, and I shot with him. I think the majority on this board may come from a background where they had a experienced mentor readily available. Those days are waning.

IMO a strong gun culture and growing up around them does a far better job educating and keeping people "safe" than a couple hours of state mandated instruction. Thing is, the more obstacles to ownership there are, INCLUDING madatory training, and the more overbearing and exclusive ranges tend to be the more it kills off gun culture. I would trust a 12 year old PA farm kid next to me at the range FAR more than a guy in his 40s that just went through a HQL class and bought his first firearm a week ago.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So, you support mandatory training. And get that into the law of the land.

And now, the antis make the required training, that you supported, to be 1 year, full time, in residence, at the ONE approved training facility.

Now what?

I am a HUGE fan of training. But mandatory for a right, NO.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The worst part is the requirement is not even in the statute. MSP unilaterally decided to require it when they wrote the regs for COMAR.

People complained but as usual it fell on deaf ears.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The worst part is the requirement is not even in the statute. MSP unilaterally decided to require it when they wrote the regs for COMAR.

A couple years ago I shed some light on a similar thing MSP did with the MD vehicle safety inspection program. Apparently they're still doing it, because I get emails about it from time to time. I guess I'm on their list even though I moved and dont do inspections anymore.

For years and years the inspection has been a paper process. Well, MSP decided they wanted to switch it to a computer-based online program. Not a bad idea in essence, but instead of getting it passed through the legislature and written into COMAR as the current guidelines are, they decided to just start doing it as a test run. Problem is, they didn't make it optional. At least, not 100%. They imposed fees and restriction as well as extraneous reporting burdens on shops that haven't acquiesced to their new system.
    I just received an email last week telling all paper stations that their licenses will be suspended for one month if they do not email in their numbers by the 5th of the month. None of this stuff is law. They're just making it up as they go.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Growing up in a non-gun family, I only knew what I saw in the movies. I sort of believed in some level of gun control and it's "really needed just for hunting" for a portion of my youth. As I got older, I began to learn more about the right as it existed in the Constitution. I tried some ranges and shot .22, but never had any urge to purchase or pursue more deeply. When I married, I felt the need for some security and so purchased a shotgun. I took the take the hunter safety course because I decided I needed some instruction. I certainly can't speak for others and would not mandate training for those with more experience.

Forgive me for being so ignorant for so long, but it wasn't until FSA began to come together that the veil over my eyes was finally and fully pierced. I finally recognized the threat to our 2A right. And knowing my lack of knowledge and experience, began research and learning about guns. I began to make some hand gun and long gun purchases. I also got my HQL. With that self learning, I also recognized I needed training and so sought out hand's on training with NRA Basic Pistol instruction.

So I joined AGC and try to get there at least once a month and continue to learn. I still seek out training, but that is my choice as a recognition of my beginner status and learning is for a lifetime. This forum has been an enormous help to me and just makes me seem smarter on almost every topic!

As a relatively new business owner, I will pursue my Wear and Carry permit at some point in 2018. Thank to you to all that have proven all the resources. When ready, I'll explore with the SMEs and MSI my best approach. If and when I get it, I will do what I can to support the other class of citizens who don't seem to rate for anything in this state. Sorry for the long post, but this thread has annoyed the heck out of me.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A couple years ago I shed some light on a similar thing MSP did with the MD vehicle safety inspection program. Apparently they're still doing it, because I get emails about it from time to time. I guess I'm on their list even though I moved and dont do inspections anymore.

For years and years the inspection has been a paper process. Well, MSP decided they wanted to switch it to a computer-based online program. Not a bad idea in essence, but instead of getting it passed through the legislature and written into COMAR as the current guidelines are, they decided to just start doing it as a test run. Problem is, they didn't make it optional. At least, not 100%. They imposed fees and restriction as well as extraneous reporting burdens on shops that haven't acquiesced to their new system.
    I just received an email last week telling all paper stations that their licenses will be suspended for one month if they do not email in their numbers by the 5th of the month. None of this stuff is law. They're just making it up as they go.

Between my experiences holding an inspection license, and testifying against them in Annapolis, kinda hard to see the MSP as anything better than contemptible.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    With a 13 year old girl in the house, you guys do not amuse me. Do not ever mention the word training or bra in the same sentence to said subject.

I feel your pain. My little girl blossomed early.... and she definitely took after my wife in the endowment department.... now at 17 I'm constantly telling her not to stand sideways :sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Between my experiences holding an inspection license, and testifying against them in Annapolis, kinda hard to see the MSP as anything better than contemptible.

Attachments

• msp  clown car.jpg
      msp clown car.jpg
      78 KB · Views: 185

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Making the above even worse, is that there was a shooting requirement in the original bill, and due to the fact that there were no shooting ranges in Baltimore City, that was removed by the MGA by amendment! Then was added back in via COMAR by MSP!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom