• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Outside of the crazier Dem radicals, who I think are gung ho enough to want a full on “make an example of them” confiscation through force; they’ll adopt a model of attrition.

Your bank, library card, cell phone, social media accounts, all provide enough data for the fed to know what you own, and where it’s kept. They’ve been wanting a social credit system and testing it on evil gun owners will give them the least amount of flack.

Ex. Your bank statement says you bought an Aimpoint and your GPS data shows trips to a range. Well now your accounts are frozen, your paychecks are garnished as a civil asset, and your kids student loans are revoked until you turn yourself in and allow local Alphabet Agency to search your home for firearms .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Outside of the crazier Dem radicals, who I think are gung ho enough to want a full on “make an example of them” confiscation through force; they’ll adopt a model of attrition.

Your bank, library card, cell phone, social media accounts, all provide enough data for the fed to know what you own, and where it’s kept. They’ve been wanting a social credit system and testing it on evil gun owners will give them the least amount of flack.

Ex. Your bank statement says you bought an Aimpoint and your GPS data shows trips to a range. Well now your accounts are frozen, your paychecks are garnished as a civil asset, and your kids student loans are revoked until you turn yourself in and allow local Alphabet Agency to search your home for firearms .

I'm not an expert but I'd imagine we could include browser history being passed from the ISPs. Why would someone be on MDS forums if they didn't own a firearm?

The Constitution and Bill of Rights weren't written on a whim, or without the future in mind.

The founders could have never imagined AR 15s or the internet, but that doesn't matter. Our God given rights have stayed the same, from 1776 to the present. They merely documented them as a reminder to all and any governments. With this, none of these God given and supposedly government protected rights can be removed without infringing on at least one other right. Sadly, many people don't see it like this, and its quickly going to become much more serious for even the low level sheep who fall for the anti 2A crap if guns are removed from the hands of (formerly?) law abiding citizens.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I don't see any solutions posted, one problem that is only talked of now and again is the fact that .gov employees are exempt from most laws. All levels of police and the three letter .gov entities could be fine going along with bans, keep their jobs and the ability to protect themselves and families, no worries.
    They say we need to compromise our rights away so I would think making laws pertain to everyone would be a show stopper for some of these bans etc. and grow the pool of pro gun people.

Am I wrong thinking that no one should be above these gun laws? Any way this idea will fade....

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009

Halloween Eve 2020. The Agnostic, Atheist Democrats will have passed laws ending private ownership of all AK 47 and M16 type rifles unless an annual fee is paid of One Thousand Dollars to the Federal Government per weapon with additional fees for hi capacity magazines in both pistols and rifles. ATF agents dressed as Disney Characters or crossdressing transgender men with large arms prepared to knock you out on your porch then take your AR15

Meanwhile Donald Trump has moved his family to Moscow to escape indictment.
    A few skirmishs proved that elderly white males were no match for Marines in Humvees with modern M4s and night vision sights.

In reality the recent ongoing deaths from psychpaths with AKs and 50 round magazines is driving public opinion. The NRA is distracted buying mansions for its executives while soccer moms are scared stiff of losing their babies to a souped up AK 47. A few more mass killings and kiss your AK good bye. The Gun Lobby is in deep do do...

The above, my friends, is one scenario.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    There is no such thing as a compromise when it comes to gun rights.

It's only them taking a bit and us accepting it.

***if*** it were a compromise, what have we ever gotten from anything that has been called a compromise?

They call another infringement a compromise as in their mind its look at as say for example >>> a ban or limiting to 10 round fixed magazine. to them, that is a compromise by giving a 10 round fixed magazine instead of the ban.

Sickening really.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    There is no such thing as a compromise when it comes to gun rights.

It's only them taking a bit and us accepting it.

***if*** it were a compromise, what have we ever gotten from anything that has been called a compromise?

They call another infringement a compromise as in their mind its look at as say for example >>> a ban or limiting to 10 round fixed magazine. to them, that is a compromise by giving a 10 round fixed magazine instead of the ban.

Sickening really.

A compromise would be accepting expanded background checks and anyone who passes gets a concealed carry permit that is good nationwide.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

That is exactly how they will do it. The only thing hot about civil war 2.0 is how quickly they will drain your bank accounts and put a lien on your house.

When faced with loosing everything you’ve worked for your entire life or keeping your guns, what do you think 99.99% of gun owners will do??? Please sir, take my guns.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I highly doubt it. Look at compliance rates in Connecticut and New York. Last I checked it was 10-15%. They aren’t going door to door or do anything else about it.

The most realistic bet would be a grandfathered ban. Maybe they’d straight ban them with confiscation, but I just see abysmal compliance rates. I think there is enough realism among enough democrats to know that passing a law no one follows is a bad law. If you allow grandfathering, you’d have wide compliance. Even if it doesn’t make them disappear. You’d have attrition over decades of things breaking, no new people getting them, etc.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I don't see any solutions posted, one problem that is only talked of now and again is the fact that .gov employees are exempt from most laws. All levels of police and the three letter .gov entities could be fine going along with bans, keep their jobs and the ability to protect themselves and families, no worries.
    They say we need to compromise our rights away so I would think making laws pertain to everyone would be a show stopper for some of these bans etc. and grow the pool of pro gun people.

Am I wrong thinking that no one should be above these gun laws? Any way this idea will fade....

So you feel the same way about Maryland permits right? (Everyone who currently has one should lose it unless everyone can get them.)

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    So you feel the same way about Maryland permits right? (Everyone who currently has one should lose it unless everyone can get them.)

The key word is EVERYONE.

No matter how rich or politically affiliated.

No matter what color or shape of badge

And when the elite (both liberal and conservative) do not feel safe, because they cannot hire big bad snake eating, knuckle dragging, hand cannon carrying, fashion accessories (let's be honest, a security detail is less about security and more about cache) then, and only then, will our rights become important.

Because there are two things that showed you have "arrived": Access to a Navy, and an armed Entourage.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The writer of this piece below, David Kopel, is a sober and credible 2A advocate. He shares some strong criticisms/warnings based on reports that the Trump administration is moving toward UBCs with language that would ultimately strengthen keeping track of who has acquired what guns (that he argues will lay the groundwork for future confiscation) ...

Trump Must Not Break His Promises to Gun-Rights Supporters

Following the model of George H. W. Bush, Donald Trump is taking a major step toward becoming a one-term president. Bush thought he could become more popular by betraying his promises to defend the Second Amendment. Trump now feels the same; according to the New York Times, he has ordered his staff to work with Senate Republicans to pass a major gun-control package that would set the stage for gun confiscation.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Lets ne realistic. The Fed controls out lives. Retired military get pensions, people receive Social Security, Medicare....all the Fed has To do is threaten to cut off your benefits if you don t' compy. If you have à wife and family what are going To do ?

How are they going to know who has guns? They can't even find non-English speaking illegal aliens.

Joe Marino

Feb 15, 2019
    The left's wet dream is total confiscation, and given the funding and their Tech billionaires friends they will succeed. Cheap guns made overseas just like drugs will still be available To criminals.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The left's wet dream is total confiscation, and given the funding and their Tech billionaires friends they will succeed. Cheap guns made overseas just like drugs will still be available To criminals.

And since they will have manufactured more "instant criminals" by then...

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    What is the most plausible - no really, devils advocate level plausible - proposition as to how confiscation happens without 2a being repealed. My thought is that the only plausible scenario where we still have a 2A is a liberal majority SCOTUS that rules that 2A in fact is not an individual right. Still, even in that scenario, it would not immediately make anything illegal. It would still require legislation. But, then there is the pesky issue of state constitutions with 2A's ogf their own, many states constitutionally protect keep and bear as an individual right. This would create many unique appellate cases. Sure, fed legislation could make certain firearms banned, congress would have to have a majority in the house and senate and a sitting president to pass a law making all firearms illegal. Still, there would have to be a SCOTUS ruling that made clear whom would be infringed if the right to keep and bear were a collective right.

Who can offer the most devils advocate plausible scenario in which total confiscation coexisted with a 2A that had not been constitutionally repealed?

How are they going to know who has guns? They can't even find non-English speaking illegal aliens.

Most firearms have a trail. All the government needs to do is demand all FFLs turn over their logs. With the exception of 80: percents and some older guns they can find out who bought what..while it's possible that the original owner may not still have it, that's not going to stop the feds from coming after who's name it's still listed to.

What is the most plausible - no really, devils advocate level plausible - proposition as to how confiscation happens without 2a being repealed. My thought is that the only plausible scenario where we still have a 2A is a liberal majority SCOTUS that rules that 2A in fact is not an individual right. Still, even in that scenario, it would not immediately make anything illegal. It would still require legislation. But, then there is the pesky issue of state constitutions with 2A's ogf their own, many states constitutionally protect keep and bear as an individual right. This would create many unique appellate cases. Sure, fed legislation could make certain firearms banned, congress would have to have a majority in the house and senate and a sitting president to pass a law making all firearms illegal. Still, there would have to be a SCOTUS ruling that made clear whom would be infringed if the right to keep and bear were a collective right.

Who can offer the most devils advocate plausible scenario in which total confiscation coexisted with a 2A that had not been constitutionally repealed?

That would be the catalyst for civil war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom