• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    While people are (and we’re) sick of taxes, the government overreach, it was firearm confiscation that actually led to the first battles in the Revolution. Lexington and Concord.

I always thought the trigger (no pun intended) was General Gage's confiscation of gun powder (ammo) and the confiscation of firearms was secondary.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    It’s pretty simple, really. Our legislators have the full support of their constituents. They get elected with a huge majority in many cases, and often run unopposed. Our legislators are overwhelmingly liberal Democrats in very safe districts.

While it would be awesome if we could simply raise more money and kick them out, it’s not going to happen. We can try to make their bills less painful by writing, e-mailing, and even better...showing up. We can point out the absurdities of their bills and get some things removed. Then we sue......

It takes money to sue. Find an organization that you think will be most likely to finance/support lawsuits against Maryland specifically and throw them some money....

Exactly what I intend to do. This war will be won or lost by lawyers and not by martyrs going down in a blaze of glory.

If they have no plans to comply, great. It's probably best they keep their big yappers shut about it. If they intend to sacrifice themselves as 2A martyrs, what's stopping them? Go do it. I just hope they don't expect the rest of us with families and people who depend upon us to join them in either jail or the funeral home.

100% agree. Our desire to "show them" what we're all about sounds good in theory, but would paint us in a worse light overall. The pent up frustrations and anger with past failures are understandable. There's no doubt the overwhelming majority here are tired of playing by the rules, but we need to stay on the path. It's a bitter pill, but necessary.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Unfortunately we have painted ourselves into a corner. I often hear people say "enforce the laws on the books" or "we need tougher sentencing" with the idea that we are the good people and it won't affect us. Now we are that the point that any public act of defiance or non-compliance with regards to firearms would make us a prohibited person.

I wonder how other rights movements would have gone knowing that every arrest and conviction resulted in a loss of a fundamental right for life.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    I have been watching posts like a hawk since the new year, knowing full well what is likely to happen. I’m with all of you, I am more than angry. I see a lot of people here posting about how the second amendment is lost with young people.

I say your very very very WRONG. I’m an engineering student at UMD, older than most. But, the second amendment is alive in many of my classmates and me as well.

I have not read everyone’s post, but the pen (social media, YouTube, emphasizes YOUTUBE) has become mightier than the guns we possess. Take a time out and search for these channels: Hickok45, scootch00, Colion Noir, DemolitionRanch.

I want to end by thanking Patriot Picket. I’ve seen what you have done and how the organization has grown. Short term, why not reach out to one of these YouTube channels and see if we can strike a national presence in Annapolis. A line in the sand moment? Long term... take a page out of hickok45’s book. Start building a channel, with interesting content. That way when Maryland general assembly strikes again we have are very own dog whistle like the left. I wish I was savvy and interesting, hell id do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    We're our own worst enemies. We really are. While the opposition organizes and galvanizes voters, we sit-back, piss/moan, point the finger at each other and advocate for armed resistance. WTF. No wonder the other side is winning.

It is easier to effect change from the inside rather than standing outside. Get involved in your local politics, get involved in regional politics, get involved in state wide politics. Meaning change the representation at all levels and then you will be in a position to legislate changes. Sending money to organizations is not the same as working to elect politicians that support your agenda.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have been watching posts like a hawk since the new year, knowing full well what is likely to happen. I’m with all of you, I am more than angry. I see a lot of people here posting about how the second amendment is lost with young people.

I say your very very very WRONG. I’m an engineering student at UMD, older than most. But, the second amendment is alive in many of my classmates and me as well.

I have not read everyone’s post, but the pen (social media, YouTube, emphasizes YOUTUBE) has become mightier than the guns we possess. Take a time out and search for these channels: Hickok45, scootch00, Colion Noir, DemolitionRanch.

I want to end by thanking Patriot Picket. I’ve seen what you have done and how the organization has grown. Short term, why not reach out to one of these YouTube channels and see if we can strike a national presence in Annapolis. A line in the sand moment? Long term... take a page out of hickok45’s book. Start building a channel, with interesting content. That way when Maryland general assembly strikes again we have are very own dog whistle like the left. I wish I was savvy and interesting, hell id do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you be willing to be the talent? We can write scripts, edit and post up.

Shoot me a PM.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    take a page out of hickok45’s book. Start building a channel, with interesting content. That way when Maryland general assembly strikes again we have are very own dog whistle like the left. I wish I was savvy and interesting, hell id do it.

I think this is lost on a lot of people, on this site, simply because it is a generational thing. I don't think many over the age of 40 understand how effective YouTube and social media can be. Unfortunately, the companies know how effective it is and they stifle conservative communication.

A youthful injection into the 2A community is sorely needed as are voices from minorities and women. However, they need a backstop to fight the reprisal from their respective college/university. Too many stories of admin punishing kids for what they do on their own time.

The NRA has failed in their communication and outreach. I've been lambasted before for saying this but the fact is no one is listening to us old fat bearded white guys in cammo. We need diversity bad. Imagine a bunch of college / HS kids in business casual marching on Annapolis. It would turn heads. The status-quo needs to change. We need your help.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I'm sure they voted and payed money and protested etc.... The end result is a politician with an agenda is going to do what a politician with an agenda is going to do.

Nope that isn't true in NJ. Facts are people don't vote. In NJ this past cycle 34% of the voting population voted. There is no reason for this. Murphy should not be governor there if every gun owner voted.

Look all the BS NRA complaints in the last couple months. 7% of the 2 million eligible NRA voters voted for the BOD last year but 100% of them bitch about what the NRA does. It is completely asinine.

The government that is elected by the people pass laws and we point fingers at the NRA and every other excuse except looking in the mirror. Should be pointing fingers at those who don't vote.

I hate to sound all high and mighty snotty but we have a lot of lazy stupid people in this country.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    While people are (and we’re) sick of taxes, the government overreach, it was firearm confiscation that actually led to the first battles in th Revolution. Lexington and Concord.

It’s pretty simple, really. Our legislators have the full support of their constituents. They get elected with a huge majority in many cases, and often run unopposed. Our legislators are overwhelmingly liberal Democrats in very safe districts.

While it would be awesome if we could simply raise more money and kick them out, it’s not going to happen. We can try to make their bills less painful by writing, e-mailing, and even better...showing up. We can point out the absurdities of their bills and get some things removed. Then we sue......

It takes money to sue. Find an organization that you think will be most likely to finance/support lawsuits against Maryland specifically and throw them some money....

The leftists in control have gerrymandered the voting districts so much, that they have diluted the opposition. There is no way this state as a whole is as left leaning as the tyrants in the MD General ASSembly. They just run roughshod over the serfs now. I hope that the gerrymandering shenanigans can be fixed.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Not sure if everyone is aware buy one of the efforts that they have put out to stifle the 2a message is the demonetization of many pro 2a channels. Many have moved to patreon. Interesting how they even attempt to affect through Rankins and visibility the 1a because they dont like the 2a.

YouTube and any visual media in 2019 is a great and powerful tool.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The leftists in control have gerrymandered the voting districts so much, that they have diluted the opposition. There is no way this state as a whole is as left leaning as the tyrants in the MD General ASSembly. They just run roughshod over the serfs now. I hope that the gerrymandering shenanigans can be fixed.

Let’s hope it gets fixed.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    I'm late to this discussion but when I read the MSI post on FB, the civil disobedience hypothetical resonated with me. Not suggesting that the current approaches (e.g. testifying in Annapolis etc) be abandoned but I believe our only hope of stopping the impending doom is to adopt a different tactic. Clogging the highways by obeying the posted speed limit could be quite an attention-getter. Sure it would piss off many but it may also cause others, previously unaware of the thread by which their liberty hangs, to get involved.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

The gerrymandering doesn't really impact the small-scale local elections that populate the state legislature. It, does, though, impact the way the state's federal congressional delegation is put together. But that's not what we're facing here.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    The gerrymandering doesn't really impact the small-scale local elections that populate the state legislature. It, does, though, impact the way the state's federal congressional delegation is put together. But that's not what we're facing here.

I’d disagree that on the local level it hasn’t happened. I spoke about it last year with one of the delegates for district 35, which is split A/B. I spoke to him about his vote on the red flag bill, and he stated his portion of the district (A) was carved out the last time to protect David Rudolph. Fortunately he was able to knock off that pompous ass.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm late to this discussion but when I read the MSI post on FB, the civil disobedience hypothetical resonated with me. Not suggesting that the current approaches (e.g. testifying in Annapolis etc) be abandoned but I believe our only hope of stopping the impending doom is to adopt a different tactic. Clogging the highways by obeying the posted speed limit could be quite an attention-getter. Sure it would piss off many but it may also cause others, previously unaware of the thread by which their liberty hangs, to get involved.

That worked for Bernie and Hillary demonstrators? I actually believe those kind of antics help put Trump ahead. You're not going to sell people your position by pissing them off, quite the contrary. What is the age of the editor on the Facebook posts? I'm guessing under 30? It was the same age group that thought disrupting Trump rallies, impeding traffic etc. is a winning method.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    The straight up truth is that most of the politicians on the GA have no interest in what we have to say. We are wasting time dealing with them and making a presence in Annapolis. The only way to get them to change is by voting them out of office and inserting 2A friendly folks. I think first of all we need to work on all gun owners. We are not going to get it done bickering among ourselves. Many gun owners don't see the problem or are totally ignorant about what is going on in Annapolis and we have to educate those people. Print the worst of proposed bills and put them in mailboxes or hand them out wherever you go. Let educate our own first. Ideas a great and appreciated but action is what is going to make any possible change happen. We must be united on all fronts or else we are a weak, divided bunch.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    The straight up truth is that most of the politicians on the GA have no interest in what we have to say. We are wasting time dealing with them and making a presence in Annapolis. The only way to get them to change is by voting them out of office and inserting 2A friendly folks. I think first of all we need to work on all gun owners. We are not going to get it done bickering among ourselves. Many gun owners don't see the problem or are totally ignorant about what is going on in Annapolis and we have to educate those people. Print the worst of proposed bills and put them in mailboxes or hand them out wherever you go. Let educate our own first. Ideas a great and appreciated but action is what is going to make any possible change happen. We must be united on all fronts or else we are a weak, divided bunch.

Not enough votes to vote them out in their districts, if that was the case we would have already done that. In MD, Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1, that is major advantage in sheer registered voters.Baltimore city alone sends 18 delegates. There's a reason why Democrats hold supermajorities in both chambers, get real man, you offer lost ideas.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The F Word is counterproductive .

Many who use it will try to qualify it to ; no we don't mean this sub group of y'all , but that other sub group of y'all . But on the recieving end a huge swath of gunowners feel categorically demeaned and insulted , and makes building even temporary coalitions more difficult .

Lone Ranger apporoves post # 74 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom