• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The HBAR text is posted and it is a straight ban. The remove the exception from the list of assault weapons and as a result ALL Colt AR-15s and their copies are banned. No more exception for the HBAR. That really pisses me off, and they are not even providing a reach around to those that bought an HBAR between 10/1/2013 and 10/1/2019. Complete BS.

It really is amazing how many anti-gun bills are coming out. Quite f'ing ridiculous that my wife and I would need separate safes, but I think I read in the "transfer" bill that immediate family is excepted.

I need to wrap my head around all these bills and their specific language, but right now, my head feels like it is about to explode.

I wonder how many registered Democrats will be up in arms about this? I know at least 1. lol Guessing there are a lot more.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2019RS/bills/hb/hb0612F.pdf
    Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 14.15.42.jpg

yup, this bill just removes the hbar exception without changing anything else... making criminals out of those that have been trying to follow the law overnight. For those that don't know, the bolded brackets surround language that the bill plans on erasing.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    I've searched for a thread on HB 96, but other than a few comments about it, thought I'd post here. Perhaps worthy of it's own thread?

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=hb0096&stab=01&ys=2019RS

From the MSI email I received last night. They've outdone themselves with this one:

"Another bill, HB 96, would ban temporary "loans" of a handgun to another person, including a spouse or another person in the family in the home. Every such "transfer" would have to go through the State Police using the 77R process and would include the 7-day waiting period. This bill would mean that a person could not leave their handgun accessible to any other person in the home. Each spouse would have to have separate ownership and each would have to have their own gun safe that is inaccessible to anyone else."

https://mailchi.mp/marylandshallissue/major-attack-on-gun-owners-in-maryland?e=94df1cc1a3

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So while many of us are out doing other things, MSI is working on our behalf. To respond in such a condescending, negative way is counterproductive to the process. I don't actively participate as much as I should, and I hope to get more involved. But I'll be damned if I understand why someone would come here to trash the efforts of MSI or any 2A group working for us. Unbelievable.

Thanks to Mark and everyone working to preserve our 2A rights.

And think about it - it's more than just guns they're after.

Yes, thank you, Mark!

I finally joined MSI this morning. I apologize for having taken so long (though I think I did donate to them a couple of years ago).

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We shall see what Hogan does now that he does not have to worry about re-election.

Hogan has never stopped running for reelection the minute he won in 2014!

Even if he would "right the ship" I would never support him ever again. He has proven time and time again to not be a friend of the Constitution. Everything he's done is for his own personal gain.

At best he's nothing but an enabler for the corrupt MDGA.

He wants to Primary against Trump, according to the rumors I'm seeing. If he does he'll become another OweMalley.

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Has anyone else noticed the correlation between the harebrained schemes that the Anti-Constitutionalists in the MGA have introduced and the bills being proposed in the U.S. House by the lunatics and Communists/Jihadis there? It's eerie...

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Has anyone else noticed the correlation between the harebrained schemes that the Anti-Constitutionalists in the MGA have introduced and the bills being proposed in the U.S. House by the lunatics and Communists/Jihadis there? It's eerie...

I think I heard about a Trump tweet this morning - went something like this -

"They're Nuts!"

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Isn't this the same kind of BS wish list they throw up there every new session?

Admittedly, the HGA usually tends to be a bit scarier, but they never seem to have it all their way, not even in Merryland.

And I understand incrementalism. I also understand any one item on the 'list' that gets approved is a loss to freedom loving Americans. I'm just trying to not hit the panic button just yet.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I understand everyone being upset. Unfortunately, if every gun owner in MD votes this wouldn't be happening. Nevertheless, if we take the HBAR lowers and register it with the ATF, pay $200, and put a 14" barrel on it then we should be legal as an SBR even under this new law. Is that correct?

Or register the lower as a pistol and put a pistol brace on it with a smaller upper?

I'm sure this is talked about on the other thread but it's difficult to get past the emotion and get substance.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

Totally expected. They (bill authors and Demonrats in general) are all bought and paid for by Bloomturd. They have a "library" from which to choose.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    HB-342 Delegate Reilly
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/fr...b=01&ys=2019RS

Quote:

Clarifying that personal protection or self-defense can qualify as a good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun for purposes of the issuance by the Secretary of State Police of a permit to carry, wear, or transport a handgun; and declaring the intent of the General Assembly that an amount representing the increase in General Fund revenues, less increased administrative costs, realized from the increased number of permits issued under the Act be included in the annual budget to fund certain school mental health programs.

If I read this correctly, if passed as written, would make Maryland Shall Issue by ensconcing in law the words required on a permit application to require approval by MSP. Am I missing something?

This gets shot down every year.

I understand everyone being upset. Unfortunately, if every gun owner in MD votes this wouldn't be happening. Nevertheless, if we take the HBAR lowers and register it with the ATF, pay $200, and put a 14" barrel on it then we should be legal as an SBR even under this new law. Is that correct?

Or register the lower as a pistol and put a pistol brace on it with a smaller upper?

I'm sure this is talked about on the other thread but it's difficult to get past the emotion and get substance.
    Your SBR will be fine.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    My head is spinning with all of this BS coming out of the MGA :mad54:
    It absolutely amazes me that they pass these laws and basically say "sue the State, we have more money than you". Truly a government against the people, not for the people :sad20:

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    Well, I have built all but one of my AR's. So, I did have to fill out a 77r to get a stripped lower, therefore my rifles are registered.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    My head is spinning with all of this BS coming out of the MGA :mad54:
    It absolutely amazes me that they pass these laws and basically say "sue the State, we have more money than you". Truly a government against the people, not for the people :sad20:

And Michael Bloomberg has even more money than Maryland. The State of Maryland's total budget last year was $43.5B, IIRC Bloomberg's net worth hovers around $48.7B.

We can't win a spending contest against the antis, but there are other levers of power.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And Michael Bloomberg has even more money than the Maryland. The State of Maryland's total budget last year was $43.5B, IIRC Bloomberg's net worth hovers around $48.7B.

We can't win a spending contest against the antis, but there are other levers of power.

Donald Trum Jr. is a gun guy. Maybe we can get him to show up....

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Although some are skeptical of Hogan speaking out, I fully expect him to voice displeasure on some of the antigun legislation in the coming weeks. He'll say it goes to far - and trim at the edges - attacking the most obviously unpopular portions. His whole schtick is adopting a centrist position that shows he isn't beholden to the extremes of either party (not that wanting to preserve 2A protections should be an extreme). In this instance, he will point back at the antigun legislation that he signed to burnish his credentials as a moderate. And it will all be theater because unlike last year, his veto has no impact this session in the it can be overridden. Moreover because he had no coattails and didn't make an effort to get Republicans elected statewide, it's even easier to override him. He can wash his hands at it and say he tried, but his complete capitulation last year has clearly emboldened them. It's as if Jealous had been elected (although, I agree, it still could be worse and am not going to add suggestions that we all know would make it worse).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Although some are skeptical of Hogan speaking out, I fully expect him to voice displeasure of some of the antigun legislation in the coming weeks. He'll say it goes to far - and trim at the edges - attacking the most obviously unpopular portions. His whole schtick is adopting a centrist position that shows he isn't beholden to the extremes of either party (not that wanting to preserve 2A protections should be an extreme). In this instance, he will point back at the antigun legislation that he signed to burnish his credentials as a moderate. And it will all be theater because unlike last year, his veto has no impact this session in the it can be overridden. Moreover because he had no coattails and didn't make an effort to get Republicans elected statewide, it's even easier to override him. He can wash his hands at it and say he tried, but his complete capitulation last year has clearly emboldened them. It's as if Jealous had been elected (although, I agree, it still could be worse and am not going to add suggestions that we all know would make it worse).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If nothing else, a veto gives a little less than a year of additional time for one of the 2A cases to make it to SCOTUS, which will hopefully change the scrutiny standard for infringements on enumerated rights. Yeah, it's a stretch, but at least it's better than a law taking effect in October, 2019.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    If nothing else, a veto gives a little less than a year of additional time for one of the 2A cases to make it to SCOTUS, which will hopefully change the scrutiny standard for infringements on enumerated rights. Yeah, it's a stretch, but at least it's better than a law taking effect in October, 2019.

Roberts just voted with the liberal 4 justices shooting down an abortion law in Louisiana. A similar Texas law he voted in the other direction.

I'm not so sure a bet on SCOTUS is a good one. RBG needs to die and soon.

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Worth a shot

Donald Trum Jr. is a gun guy. Maybe we can get him to show up....

I have not heard suggestions to reach larger audiences. After calling the reps call a talk radio host and ask them to talk about it. Call WMAL and ask them to have someone broadcast from Annapolis on Gun Bill day. They would be swayed by a large number of calls more than a democratic delegate would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom