• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Such a sad state of affairs, what am I missing.

Wrongs done by police and you get no justice within the courts.
    To me the courts are a fickle bunch.
    Well it’s not like this is the first time it has happened, abuse of authority has been authorized ever since it existed.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Burning down a city.
    The Hulberts loved the USA and The Constitution too much to burn down any city, harm or damage person or property.

It sure is something how in 2020's America, real crime is rewarded and pays good profit. Yet law abiding citizens who's only crime is to model themselves after the Founding Fathers and to fight for everyone's rights and to do all they can to preserve our country.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Hulberts loved the USA and The Constitution too much to burn down any city, harm or damage person or property.

It sure is something how in 2020's America, real crime is rewarded and pays good profit. Yet law abiding citizens who's only crime is to model themselves after the Founding Fathers and to fight for everyone's rights and to do all they can to preserve our country.
    Well, you know, the Founders ran into some stiff opposition too.

Governments have a vested interest in maintaining control, and don't appreciate anyone meddling on their turf.

"When you strike at the King, you must kill him."

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    It was over a long time ago,, 50 years or more.
    "It's a big club, and you ain't in it"

Such a sad state of affairs, what am I missing.

Wrongs done by police and you get no justice within the courts.
    To me the courts are a fickle bunch.

I admit I was in denial about this.

I previously accepted the executive and legislative branches view our community as the enemy to be harassed, suppressed and conquered, “by whatever means necessary.”

I nevertheless held out the sincere belief over the years since we filed the lawsuit that at least the judicial branch would construe the Constitution to punish obvious violations of fundamental civil rights.

What’s obvious today is how wrong I was.

We’ve lost all three branches.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    courts are funded by the same .gov you have a grievance with.

you think they’ll bite the hands that feed them

and they rely on the hands that assaulted you to protect them.

you think they’ll bite the hands that protect them? They’re more likely to buy pope and posse some of Dan Marino’s isotoner gloves!

take care of the hands that take care of them!

the black and blue lines intersect

This.

Thank you.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Time to break out the race, gender, oppressed peoples, card, DeepLurker?

Got any of these roots, pronouns etc that have been violated that can be grounds for reconsideration?
    I tried to view the BLM story but it wanted me to disable ad blocker. What exactly did BLM get 10M for?

I describe us as “disfavored.”

I published a blogpost on our Patriot Picket website to discuss the denial of our cert petition.

For those reading this thread today who are new to MDS or otherwise unfamiliar with the recent legal developments in the case, this is a summary and an explainer:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I describe us as “disfavored.”

I published a blogpost on our Patriot Picket website to discuss the denial of our cert petition.

For those reading this thread today who are new to MDS or otherwise unfamiliar with the recent legal developments in the case, this is a summary and an explainer:

Deep Lurker, I was thinking about you as I rode down to Annap with Stove and got to make our presence on the bricks.

Stove told me about you and mom, so I wish you both well.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Thank you for your unwavering support and kind comments.

I admit I haven’t gotten over this and don’t see how I can.

Even though Jeff couldn’t survive long enough to see this case through, I thought at least a proper - - though seemingly endlessly delayed - - judicial resolution would nevertheless honor Jeff’s memory and his sacrifice.

I also wanted the explicit judicial vindication of the civil rights for our five fellow Patriot Picket members who were also threatened with arrest that night too, yet stood with us and refused to back down.

I have never forgotten the hundreds of members here who showed up to demonstrate for all our First Amendment rights exactly a week later on that Monday night in support, and likewise risked arrest.

I’m fortunate to have survived to this point, but this just feels like another death.

Judging from the published 4th Circuit opinion, our Bill of Rights also died on that Statehouse sidewalk six years ago.

The sixth anniversary of that death is next Monday night.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thank you for your unwavering support and kind comments.

I admit I haven’t gotten over this and don’t see how I can.

Even though Jeff couldn’t survive long enough to see this case through, I thought at least a proper - - though seemingly endlessly delayed - - judicial resolution would nevertheless honor Jeff’s memory and his sacrifice.

I also wanted the explicit judicial vindication of the civil rights for our five fellow Patriot Picket members who were also threatened with arrest that night too, yet stood with us and refused to back down.

I have never forgotten the hundreds of members here who showed up to demonstrate for all our First Amendment rights exactly a week later on that Monday night in support, and likewise risked arrest.

I’m fortunate to have survived to this point, but this just feels like another death.

Judging from the published 4th Circuit opinion, our Bill of Rights also died on that Statehouse sidewalk six years ago.

The sixth anniversary of that death is next Monday night.
    We are still honored to stand with you and to stand up for our rights in Maryland and in the USA as long as we can.
    I am glad to hear of your surviving too. Sad to hear of the symbolic death too.

I ruminated on the bad news since reading it in the recent past. I cannot for the life of me see how those Scotus Justices who do hold our Constitutional rights in their hands, could not see the impact that their decisions have on the future of rights for all. We stood up for them when troubles came their way. There has to be a way to keep your/our case from dying.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I admit I was in denial about this.

I previously accepted the executive and legislative branches view our community as the enemy to be harassed, suppressed and conquered, “by whatever means necessary.”

I nevertheless held out the sincere belief over the years since we filed the lawsuit that at least the judicial branch would construe the Constitution to punish obvious violations of fundamental civil rights.

What’s obvious today is how wrong I was.

We’ve lost all three branches.
    This is how I have been feeling ever since Clinton took office. Of course, there have been enemies both foreign and domestic who were at work to destroy America as far back as the early days. Today, not only are our rights to defend ourselves under attack, our Country and Constitutional Rights have been sold to the highest bidders. When those in power can pool their corruption, that together with the richest of bad actors, are poised to control the narrative, to brain wash the public, to infect and attack us in the 20th and 21st century version of the Trojan Horse. We either fight with all we have, or we inevitably will lose the Country to the dictators.

If the Scotus won't work to protect the civil rights of Jeff and Kevin Hulbert, how can we entrust them to protect the Rights of all Americans? If they can't, then America could die before they know what hits them.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Since the SCOTUS can not take up every case that needs to be heard then they in their position as the overseers of the lessor "inferior" courts need to exercise their authority to insure those courts make the right decisions. If they can't hear and correct every miss judged case then they must do something to rein in the unconstitutional decisions being made by the Ninth Circuit and the Forth Circuit among others.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Since the SCOTUS can not take up every case that needs to be heard then they in their position as the overseers of the lessor "inferior" courts need to exercise their authority to insure those courts make the right decisions. If they can't hear and correct every miss judged case then they must do something to rein in the unconstitutional decisions being made by the Ninth Circuit and the Forth Circuit among others.
    I am not knowledgeable on how the courts and laws work, but I back what you are saying. It seems like the prudent and thorough way to ensure justice.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Is there a mechanism for that or is it just the embarrassment of being overturned?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Not every citizen can file a lawsuit. It would financially ruin them. It needs to be a solution involving sanctions. Just like in the civil suit world. Flagrant ignoring of precedence should involve a sanction.
    Any citizen - or alien- can file. To be successful takes $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom