What are Maryland's gun laws really about?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

There will be more to come!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Slick. Me likey.

Maryland has a long history of racist firearm laws, the current iteration being perpetrated by the likes of Pallozzi, Bowen and Frosh.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    you know the one I get asked the most ... If you have a VALID CCW for the state of MD, can you carry one in the pipe while driving.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    :smoke: what did ya say?

I'm not a lawyer... I don't want to give out bad advice, it's really all about how the arresting or stopping officer interprets the law.... even though by the statute being as clear as mud you should be able to have yourself locked and loaded per the limitations on your permit.

but you also should be ready to be pinned to the cold earth by someone that doesn't see it that way, hence why I keep my USCCA membership card handy.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    you know the one I get asked the most ... If you have a VALID CCW for the state of MD, can you carry one in the pipe while driving.

Yes.

MD also has no duty to inform law enforcement you’re carrying if pulled over. Your discretion.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Yes.

MD also has no duty to inform law enforcement you’re carrying if pulled over. Your discretion.

to me this is a sticky wicket... I know plenty of LEO's that say inform that you have permit even if you don't have anything on you as you are indicating that you are a law abiding citizen with nothing to hide.

What say you? I'm with you having one in the pipe, but I still think it's upon the officer's judgement at the time, and also why I ride with my insurance and registration in my visor and DL in my phone case. no need to reach to my side other than getting out of my seat belt.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    to me this is a sticky wicket... I know plenty of LEO's that say inform that you have permit even if you don't have anything on you as you are indicating that you are a law abiding citizen with nothing to hide.

What say you? I'm with you having one in the pipe, but I still think it's upon the officer's judgement at the time, and also why I ride with my insurance and registration in my visor and DL in my phone case. no need to reach to my side other than getting out of my seat belt.

I’ll preface everything here with: I am not a lawyer.

No one knows whether or not you have one in the chamber and if you’re concealing properly, no one knows you have a gun at all.

If you do decide to inform, handing over the permit with your DL is the way to go. Follow the officers instructions. When they ask where it is, tell them. Don’t readh for anything unless told to. Move slowly and deliberately. Be cool.

I know others who have been held on the side of the road for hours and even arrested tho they were carrying legally and informed the officer out of courtesy. Had they not informed, it’s plausible it never would have went that far. If it’s not asked, why volunteer? You were pulled over for something having nothing to do with your carry gun.

There are less than 20,000 permit holders in MD. With all due respect to those in law enforcement, many do not understand the laws in regards to the permits and the restrictions that come with them.

If you’re in a state that requires it by law like Ohio, then of course do it.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I’ll preface everything here with: I am not a lawyer.

No one knows whether or not you have one in the chamber and if you’re concealing properly, no one knows you have a gun at all.

If you do decide to inform, handing over the permit with your DL is the way to go. Follow the officers instructions. When they ask where it is, tell them. Don’t readh for anything unless told to. Move slowly and deliberately. Be cool.

I know others who have been held on the side of the road for hours and even arrested tho they were carrying legally and informed the officer out of courtesy. Had they not informed, it’s plausible it never would have went that far. If it’s not asked, why volunteer? You were pulled over for something having nothing to do with your carry gun.

There are less than 20,000 permit holders in MD. With all due respect to those in law enforcement, many do not understand the laws in regards to the permits and the restrictions that come with them.

If you’re in a state that requires it by law like Ohio, then of course do it.

:thumbsup: couldn't agree with you more :party29:

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I will not volunteer any information to an officer, however I will be truthful if he asks.

Have I missed something or is it illegal to carry with a round in the chamber while driving?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I will not volunteer any information to an officer, however I will be truthful if he asks.

Have I missed something or is it illegal to carry with a round in the chamber while driving?

Not at all illegal (provided you have a valid MD permit and are within your restrictions).

——

Expect a new video tomorrow night or Thursday.
    Thanks to everyone that is sharing this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom