• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I've been thinking about getting one and wondering what upgrade's those of you that have them have done .

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Upgraded extractor, follower, spring, mag extension, SB brace. It's honestly not much shorter than an 870 with a magpul stock in the shortest config. Don't like the feeling at all shooting it with the bird's head grip and definitely don't trust other people to shoot it at the range with regular loads without a brace. Sounded like fun at the time but it honestly gets very little use. E-filed Form 1's are coming back in 21ish days so there's always the SBS option too I guess. That probably makes the most sense right now if that's an option for you.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have one, if I had to do it over again I would get the Shockwave instead.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If these are available in 20 ga, that'd be the route. I have the Mossberg version in 20 ga and it's a hoot. The 12 ga is fun too, but yeah, recoil is stout. You don't lose much by dropping back. 20 ga is still plenty effective with decent slugs or buckshot.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Its an 870 self defense gun, IMO. Find the rounds you can shoot well, pattern them at the distances you would be most likely to use it, and put a light on it. I added a Magpul VFG to mine, but I know that isn't for everyone.

They are chambered in 12 and 20 gauges.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Its an 870 self defense gun, IMO. Find the rounds you can shoot well, pattern them at the distances you would be most likely to use it, and put a light on it. I added a Magpul VFG to mine, but I know that isn't for everyone.

They are chambered in 12 and 20 gauges.

I’m biased to the Federal LE 132 00, the flight control wad makes for a very effective round.

Attachments

• 26CE2EEB-AD57-4FF8-B267-24703E1B53DD.jpg
      26CE2EEB-AD57-4FF8-B267-24703E1B53DD.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 384

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Upgraded extractor, follower, spring, mag extension, SB brace. It's honestly not much shorter than an 870 with a magpul stock in the shortest config. Don't like the feeling at all shooting it with the bird's head grip and definitely don't trust other people to shoot it at the range with regular loads without a brace. Sounded like fun at the time but it honestly gets very little use. E-filed Form 1's are coming back in 21ish days so there's always the SBS option too I guess. That probably makes the most sense right now if that's an option for you.

I've been thinking about the brace and have a 1rd extension that's been sitting around , Never gave any thoughts to the extractor .
    Form 1 isn't a thing for me because I don't want to have file the form to cross State lines because I have a home in Tennessee that I travel to on short notice

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Form 1 isn't a thing for me because I don't want to have file the form to cross State lines because I have a home in Tennessee that I travel to on short notice
    I do a lot of traveling out of state. If you have a home there, every year you can file a 5320.20 for your address that covers the entire year.

It's a fillable PDF, you print, sign, scan, email, and get an approved copy back in two weeks.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I do a lot of traveling out of state. If you have a home there, every year you can file a 5320.20 for your address that covers the entire year.

It's a fillable PDF, you print, sign, scan, email, and get an approved copy back in two weeks.

That's a possibility but I'm thinking just roll with the arm brace and not deal with the whole form 1 thing , If we fall in to a major SHTF and the Rule of Law is out the window than I'll put a real stock on it , Till then I think I'll stay out of the way of the Government . Plus it saves 200.00 that I can use to buy Ammo and Mags.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Got back today after spending a few days at my home in Tennessee , Was in town getting a few things and dropped in the local gun shop on Saturday and saw a Rem TAC 14 on sale for 370.00 so I couldn't help myself and it went home with me . Unlike MD that thinks you need to wait for it , So I've spent some time looking at different Sites and the Threads on them .
    So I ordered a brace , Streamlight forend , swaggering tool for the mag dimples , All on Labor Day Sales , Want to add a +1 mag extension and a Sidesaddle just don't know who's yet.
    Liking the TacStar Slim Saddle and the Wilson extension but the Suaraz looks good too , but the word on the street is that they have crappy service anyone had dealings with them ?
    I think I opened up a money hole .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom