Number of concealed carry permits in D.C.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Hello all,

I just received the following response from my Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) from the Metropolitan Police Department:

"The total number of approved concealed carry licenses for the District of Columbia as of April 5, 2017 is 114. There are 40 DC resident licenses and 74 non-resident licenses."

It seems crazy to me it's about 0.007% of the population has a permit and there is even more non-resident licenses than resident!

I was unable to get what their "good cause" was.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    same as MD. they know it when they see it. this was copied from the DC permit app instructions.

Attachments

• dc1.jpg
      dc1.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 543
    • dc2.jpg
      dc2.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 538

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I bet the statistical analysis used by the feds to show racial bias will show gross racism.

If they looked.... if they cared

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey, I'm impressed ! The previously released numbers were 79 total, this is a 44% increase.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I have a gun permit that's good from coast to coast, it's called the 2nd amendment.

Yep, and we have lots of work to do to ensure that all federal state and local governments recognize and continue to recognize that right as a natural right.

It's telling of the apathetic and statist mindset of our country that Washington DC the seat of the federal government can get away with denying all citizens their 2A rights and our elected federal representatives can do something about it but choose not to.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. As long as the antis have a foot hold anywhere it will embolden them to spread their slavery everywhere.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    show that to a cop while you're being patted down.

****No, you need to show him the 2nd amendment, and the rest of the Bill of Rights *before* they pat you down. Otherwise they may not know about the 4th amendment and they will just seize your guns. Oh, don't forget to mention the 8th amendment after mentioning the 2nd and 4th amendment, in case you are getting a wood shampoo. Finally, if you are going to be exercising your rights like this around the police, make sure your dog isn't nearby either... :)

Cyndi59

****No, you need to show him the 2nd amendment, and the rest of the Bill of Rights *before* they pat you down. Otherwise they may not know about the 4th amendment and they will just seize your guns. Oh, don't forget to mention the 8th amendment after mentioning the 2nd and 4th amendment, in case you are getting a wood shampoo. Finally, if you are going to be exercising your rights like this around the police, make sure your dog isn't nearby either... :)

I just spit coffee over my desk and computer..I laughed over the part (getting a wood shampoo)lol ..:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom