• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Where did you do this? Did you make an appointment? I thinking of doing the same thing.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Any county sheriff's office. I think Adams, York & Lancaster have all been used by MD'ers before with good results. No appointment needed, but you do have to have your home state permit to get a PA non-resident.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    Same experience in York county- mailed my app to them- they called the day they received it and said come on up- drove up next day, they took my picture and handed me my permit.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    yup, takes 15 minutes at York county, have heard some hand the app in and get it done in one shot, but I always download it online and mail it in, then get the call 2 or 3 days later to come get it. Odd thing is, they are required to provide lockers up front, so you can check your CCW peice with the officers when entering, but have to walk a tiny keychain knife all the way back to your car.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Just remember if your MD permit is not reissued you MUST turn in your PA LCTF, I believe I signed a form that stated that.

Congrats on your PA freedom.

NOBODY

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Just remember if your MD permit is not reissued you MUST turn in your PA LCTF, I believe I signed a form that stated that.

Congrats on your PA freedom.

NOBODY

Also... it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to notify them when you renew your Maryland Permit... If you fail to notify them... they revoke your Pa. Permit until they have confirmation of your renewal.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Also... it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to notify them when you renew your Maryland Permit... If you fail to notify them... they revoke your Pa. Permit until they have confirmation of your renewal.

This ^^^^. But they also make it super easy. I called York County to ask what the procedure was and they gave me the deputies email address and said take a picture of your permit and email it to him.

No fuss, no muss.....

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Affirmative, no restrictions, except, "not valid where firearms are prohibited by law"

Wait, doesn't that include all of MD?

The may-issue states typically don't have many off limits areas. I mean, why go to those lengths when there are few permit holders in the first place (and many are well connected folks)?

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    yup, takes 15 minutes at York county, have heard some hand the app in and get it done in one shot, but I always download it online and mail it in, then get the call 2 or 3 days later to come get it. Odd thing is, they are required to provide lockers up front, so you can check your CCW peice with the officers when entering, but have to walk a tiny keychain knife all the way back to your car.

FYI...they did away with the lockers...no guns, knives, recording devices, or cell phones allowed inside the building.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    FYI...they did away with the lockers...no guns, knives, recording devices, or cell phones allowed inside the building.

The guard at the front desk just asked me to press "send" as if I was placing a call. Let me take my phone in, turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom