• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PitStop

Jan 26, 2017
    1/6/17 - Completed carry training course
    1/14/17 - Mailed Maryland W&C application
    1/24/17 - Maryland check cashed
    3/28/17 - MSP interview conducted (as far as I know, I have not be DQed yet)
    Update -
    4/25/17 - Called licensing division today, they informed me that I have been approved and that I should see my credentials in the mail "soon"

5/1/17 - Permit Received - 97 days from the date the check was cashed

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I had an in person interview, and the trooper was less then helpfull and seemed to be willfully ignoring my main points, he flat out refused to call my project security officer, and instead pressured my supervisor and coworkers for the specifics of my clearence.
    In person interview is not the same as a command review. You request the command review after a denial.

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    I am an instructor and I had two of my students call me about an MSP "investigator" Charles Ewing.
    He has been pressing applicants for six deposit reports or a letter from the bank, and questions applicants about how much they deposit, how often, where, and how much cash.
    It seems that either the MSP or Mr. Ewing is departing from the SOP they released in 2015.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

PitStop

Jan 26, 2017
    I am an instructor and I had two of my students call me about an MSP "investigator" Charles Ewing.
    He has been pressing applicants for six deposit reports or a letter from the bank, and questions applicants about how much they deposit, how often, where, and how much cash.
    It seems that either the MSP or Mr. Ewing is departing from the SOP they released in 2015.

My investigator was not Charles Ewing, however I was asked similar questions and for similar documents during my interview.

One thing that was new is that they are now requiring a letter from an employer to state that your employer is "requesting" their employee to carry, in lieu of "allowing" their employee to carry. I was told that they want to put some liability back on the business owner.

Enlighten me, what was the SOP released in 2015?

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    My investigator was not Charles Ewing, however I was asked similar questions and for similar documents during my interview.

One thing that was new is that they are now requiring a letter from an employer to state that your employer is "requesting" their employee to carry, in lieu of "allowing" their employee to carry. I was told that they want to put some liability back on the owner.

Check this thread for information about the SOP: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=180645&highlight=sop+msp

straightravage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2017
    I received my DENIAL letter today, going to submit the request for the HPRB. Anyone know how long the current wait is for the board?

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014

I had a different investigator, but I was asked for a letter from the bank or my bank statement even though I submitted proof of deposits with my original application. I was also asked how often I made deposits and what percentage was cash.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Tomorrow will be 90 days. Wonder if my permit or denial letter will be in the mail?:sarcasm:

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

One thing that was new is that they are now requiring a letter from an employer to state that your employer is "requesting" their employee to carry, in lieu of "allowing" their employee to carry. I was told that they want to put some liability back on the business owner.

My wife is in the process and we thought was. She received an email stating that a letter requesting that she be armed was necessary. I was getting ready to draft a reply, however when reviewing the SOP there actually was a line very near the bottom and in her category of employment there actually was a statement requiring the letter. No one else in the company, including myself had to supply this letter.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    A few days ago I called the Indiana county (PA) sheriff's office to ask what I needed to get my permit once we reestablish our roots in western PA later this year.

Answer: proof of residency (lease, tax return, PA DL), $20 and a couple of individual, unrelated, references.

That's it...and with my military background and the fact that I grew up in the county seat and lived across town for 23 years, maybe get the permit on the spot.

Lew--Ranger63
    LaurHell, Md

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I had a different investigator, but I was asked for a letter from the bank or my bank statement even though I submitted proof of deposits with my original application. I was also asked how often I made deposits and what percentage was cash.

So, my understanding is, they are requesting proof of active bank accounts be provided to prove that the applicant has an active business. I call that ********, because there is no requirement that the business be continually active in order to protect yourself from someone that thinks, as a business owner, you have something of value.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    So, my understanding is, they are requesting proof of active bank accounts be provided to prove that the applicant has an active business. I call that ********, because there is no requirement that the business be continually active in order to protect yourself from someone that thinks, as a business owner, you have something of value.

The entire G&S requirement is BS bc there's NOTHING more valuable to anyone than their life is and who gives a fvck if that person is a business owner or not.

TBH I couldn't care less about protecting my physical business assets, it's just stuff and all of it is insured....I just want to make sure I'm not hurt or killed in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom