• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I got my HQL in 2015. I'm in the process of buying my 4th handgun with it. Tat brings the cost per gun down to $12.50. That's my plan, to buy enough handguns that the $50 will be spread out. That's a good plan, isn't it?

C&R or 80% sounds even better ;)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Looking for an HQL holder whose HQL was approved or went to active status as close to March 31st 2017 as possible. Please post the date approved and the HQL number just XX the last two digits. This will give us the number of HQL's approved in the first quarter of 2017 because the HQL's are numbered sequentially starting from the first of the year.

Keeping track of the numbered issued increases our knowledge of the inner workings of the "system".

3/15 and only a few numbers shy of 007XXX

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Thanks Kargent.

Here are the latest figures:

The HQL's are numbered sequentially starting over each year so to determine the number issued in a year we just need the approximate number of a HQL issued in late December of each year. We can also track trends by looking at the HQL number and date issued to see if the average number per day changes.

2013 The HQL was only in effect for 3 months = 4,500 issued = 50 per day
    (92 days)
    2014 the number posted was issued in Dec. no date given = 15,150 = 41 per day
    (365 days)
    2015 the number posted was for end of Dec. after 12/29 = 18,070 = 49.5 per day
    (365 days)
    2016 the number posted was for an HQL activated on Dec. 30 = 27,900 = 77 per day
    (366 days)
    2017 First quarter the number posted went active April 3 (the Monday after March 31) =8,500
    So for the first 93 calendar days of 2017 they have been issuing 91 HQL’s per day.

Running total of all HQL's issued since October 1, 2013, start of program, to latest date posted (4/3/2017) = 74,120= 58 per day since Oct. 1, 2013

The numbers are showing a nice upward trend.

silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    I am trying to see what is going on with the lawsuit for HQL? Any progress on that? I tried to find the thread for it but no luck..... Another question is where is the cheapest HQL training class I can take? I am trying to see if that training provider can provide an interpreter since I am hard of hearing. I know it costs money to pay for an interpreter but I am just trying to get it so I can buy my gun. I took the basic pistol class in 2014 and apparently the HQL certificate expired so I have to take it again. Stupid me. Any advice would be appreciated. PM if you prefer.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I am trying to see what is going on with the lawsuit for HQL? Any progress on that? I tried to find the thread for it but no luck..... Another question is where is the cheapest HQL training class I can take? I am trying to see if that training provider can provide an interpreter since I am hard of hearing. I know it costs money to pay for an interpreter but I am just trying to get it so I can buy my gun. I took the basic pistol class in 2014 and apparently the HQL certificate expired so I have to take it again. Stupid me. Any advice would be appreciated. PM if you prefer.

Check the Maryland Shall Issue Web site for the status of the law suit.

First make sure you need the training or can you qualify under one of the exceptions.

For most people the least expensive training option is taking the Hunter Safety Class that is needed for getting a hunting license, they are usually offered at a very nominal cost. Here is a link to the DNR Course:
    http://dnr2.maryland.gov/nrp/Pages/hunter_education.aspx

There is a thread on MDS that is about taking a Texas online hunter safety class that supposedly qualifies. Here is a link:
    https://www.hunter-ed.com/maryland/...afety course&gclid=COHA5NmxtNMCFddKDQodFaENBw

Some gun stores also offer low cost classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom