• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Hey y'all. I'm looking for a place to practice with my 590A1 while using buckshot. I have shot plenty of slugs at different ranges but no buckshot. Thinking about it, I don't believe I have ever fired buckshot before! Being my HD gun I would like to see how it behaves with different loads. Anyone know of any ranges that allows shot shells? Thanks in advance!

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    At Berwyn Rod and Gun Club we're installing a shotgun range with two shooting positions where shooters will be limited to buck/bird/target shot. The range should be ready for use sometime around October.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Thanks everyone for the input! I'll check out the public ranges on Monday

As for the private ones like Berwyn rod and gun club, how does one get into a club like that? Don't you have to be sponsored? I would love to be part of a gun club, but know absolutely no one in any club.

I do want to pattern my shots, but I would also like a place wear I can practice loading and switching between buck and slug. I want to take a dynamic shotgun class some day. I bought the magpul course on dvd(i know, far from real training) and that peaked my interest!

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Thanks everyone for the input! I'll check out the public ranges on Monday

As for the private ones like Berwyn rod and gun club, how does one get into a club like that? Don't you have to be sponsored? I would love to be part of a gun club, but know absolutely no one in any club.

I do want to pattern my shots, but I would also like a place wear I can practice loading and switching between buck and slug. I want to take a dynamic shotgun class some day. I bought the magpul course on dvd(i know, far from real training) and that peaked my interest!

At Berwyn we have a cap on membership, but we just voted to raise the cap by 50 at the last meeting. I know we have a waiting list, but I don't think it's long enough to fill all the newly opened slots.

You don't have to be sponsored to join, but you do have to attend a range safety orientation which takes about four hours. It's also one of the more expensive shooting clubs around. There's a $200 initiation fee and dues of $400/year, prorated if you join part way through the year. On the other hand, there is no volunteer/work requirement. Info on joining is here: http://berwyn.org/page-1514693?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom