• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    The wife and I were camping in Virginia last weekend and stopped at a few walmarts around Luray and Front Royal. They were STOCKED! Tons of 9mm, .40, .45, and every other pistol rounds. Cases and cases of .223. The only thing I didn't see was .22. So if you need ammo, it seems just head a few more miles into VA. Once you are away from the walmarts bordering Maryland, ammo is plentiful!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Not the case at the NoVA WM's. Gander Mt. in Charlottesville has all calibers in stock, even .22LR. I will swing by the WM here on my way out of town later, but historically it hasn't been much better than our WM's.

In general though, I think the ammo crisis is over. Even in MD, if I drop by at noon, I can usually get what I want.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I noticed here in Jacksonville Fl. that Walmart was Stocked well Wed. when I checked ...They even had American Eagle 62 gr 855 in 150 round boxes for $70.00! still have a 3 Box per day per person but You could have picked up 450 rds for $210 + Tax ! Plenty of Handgun Ammo as Well.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    It's the 1973 Toilet Paper Shortage. Someone thinks there will be a shortage and hordes, others jump on a bandwagon, and now you have a legit shortage even though supply would be sufficient to fulfill demand if people weren't overstocking.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I hit Dick's in Manassas on the way back from deer hunting. They had Winchester and Remington high velocity .22 rimfire ammo, and all of the centerfire stuff, too.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    definitely seeing more (a lot more) ammo at the walmart in chantilly. wish they would go back to being the lowest cost provider though.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    When the wife and I were at skyline drive last weekend we hit the gander mountain down there and my mind was blown by not only the plentiful ammo, but the mags and every gun you could imagine in stock lol.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    The wife and I were camping in Virginia last weekend and stopped at a few walmarts around Luray and Front Royal. They were STOCKED! Tons of 9mm, .40, .45, and every other pistol rounds. Cases and cases of .223. The only thing I didn't see was .22. So if you need ammo, it seems just head a few more miles into VA. Once you are away from the walmarts bordering Maryland, ammo is plentiful!

CRAP ! wife and I were camping at Luray last weekend too! I never even thought to check out the walmart there for ammo... dammit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom