• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    One adapter is to put a longer Gen 3 slide on a shorter Gen 4 frame. There is another adapter that allows you to put a Gen 3 recoil spring in a Gen 4 gun (slide and frame).
    https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=919709

Thanks.
    I found a YouTube video. At 4:30, the guy talks about putting a gen3 slide on a gen4 frame, and that requires a small adapter that costs about $40.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B1SMMUbtZGY

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Thanks.
    I found a YouTube video. At 4:30, the guy talks about putting a gen3 slide on a gen4 frame, and that requires a small adapter that costs about $40.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B1SMMUbtZGY

I tried doing this with a stainless rod and it wouldn't work. The adapter centers the guide rod in the front of the frame but where the circular rear part meets the notch on the barrel it is too small and doesn't sit right. The slide was locking up and creating problems for me.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    glock-photo5.jpg

The Gen 4 radius is larger at the rear. The adapter may work with the Glock plastic guide rod but it would not with my un-captured stainless rod.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    80PercentGlock.com has complete slide kits on sale right now. You can get a complete G17 upper for under $350, less that $300 if you don't mind a BLEM and the sale being final.

Just ordered one myself and will let you know how it turns out.

They also have deals on G19 and G34 if interested.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    80PercentGlock.com has complete slide kits on sale right now. You can get a complete G17 upper for under $350, less that $300 if you don't mind a BLEM and the sale being final.

Just ordered one myself and will let you know how it turns out.

They also have deals on G19 and G34 if interested.

Correct me if I'm wrong, in order to complete the build, one would need following items:
    1. Polymer80 frame;
    2. Lower kit, including trigger.
    Once these above items are added, the price would be close to 600.

I found jsd has complete kit for $599. How does this compare?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Correct me if I'm wrong, in order to complete the build, one would need following items:
    1. Polymer80 frame;

Well, if you take the $350 price for the slide from 80%Glock, add a lower parts kit from Midway for $50 and I just ordered a 940c frame kit for $115, that makes it $515 (but I think you need to add sights to the slide assy from 80%glock)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I actually have a slide assy from 80%glock, it is decent, no complaints, it runs fine, but I just built it and haven't really had a chance to really wring it out yet. It's a Glock 17 slide, sst threaded barrel and I added Ameriglo suppressor sights to it. Cerakoted in Cobalt.

I did swap out the bulky thread protector that is in this pic, it was too bulky for my liking (and I didn't want to remold my holster to accommodate it.. )

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpg
      IMG_0699.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 283

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Well, if you take the $350 price for the slide from 80%Glock, add a lower parts kit from Midway for $50 and I just ordered a 940c frame kit for $115, that makes it $515 (but I think you need to add sights to the slide assy from 80%glock)

You can get stock sites from Glock for about $3 bucks ea. just to get you up and running.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You can get stock sites from Glock for about $3 bucks ea. just to get you up and running.
    Agreed.. and they work fine. I tend to prefer night sights, or at least a tritium front sight, so I go with either TruGlo or Ameriglo and have no regrets.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    1. Polymer80 frame;

You can still get OEM takeoff parts kits for $400ish with night sights (complete slide assembly and all necessary lower parts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom