• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I heard the officer on WMAL and they are going to use .223 55 grain Hornady. Said his guys are good with them. Hey this can also be training for them.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    How can I get in on this action? We have deer in the park near my house that just wander onto the trail when we ride our bikes or walk to work. They're beginning to walk into the roadway in the evenings.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    several years ago some libtard woman was yappin' against bow hunting in Fairfax County Parks to cull the deer. She even claimed the bow hunters would mistake a kid carrying sticks as a deer...

She wasn't stupid, just so anti-hunting she became rabid.

I say let the deer multiply, destroying all vegetation, spreading Lyme disease, and crashing into their cars.

In fact, we should suggest that deer from PA should be relocated to Fairfax Co. so that the deer can have better opportunities in a suburban environment.

LoL.! “Section 8...point”. :D

I heard the officer on WMAL and they are going to use .223 55 grain Hornady. Said his guys are good with them. Hey this can also be training for them.

True. This might prove that .223/5.56 is ok to hunt with.

How can I get in on this action? We have deer in the park near my house that just wander onto the trail when we ride our bikes or walk to work. They're beginning to walk into the roadway in the evenings.

I’d be interested too.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    LoL.! “Section 8...point”. :D

True. This might prove that .223/5.56 is ok to hunt with.

I’d be interested too.

Only police and military should hunt with .223/5.56..

Sorry....had to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Free apps do this to get free advertising. Some of these apps are used to read and contribute to the forum.

I don't worry about it.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    The Montgomery County program is very well run, safe and doesn't seem to have a bunch of anti problems. That could also be related to MoCo having much more parkland (and deer) to hunt. Having grown up in MoCo, I don't know anyone who hasn't had a near-miss or actual collision with a deer. It's pretty insulting for anyone to suggest a police officer is a more capable hunter than you know...an experienced hunter.

Magnum Mike

Mar 8, 2017
    Fairfax Sharpshooters

I think FFXPD is doing a great justice to all its residents by culling this inbred overpopulated herd with AR15's. Why not? 5.56 is small but still effective on deer.

Fairfax let's us hunt extended urban archery seasons here and my guess is the same weirdos will be coming down on us next.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    If they really wanted to do this the safest way in an urban area IMHO the best method would be to have experienced hunters do the culling with bows. But that would probably drive the snowflakes nutso seeing men with bows and orange camouflage and possibly even penises in their neighborhoods. As someone with a little bit of experience in the policing field I don't think the PD should be putting any officer out there to do this who isn't an experienced hunter. Just my experience, when road officers start shooting at animals in neighborhoods it just never seems to go well, it just doesn't.

Fairfax County does have a Deer Management Program:

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/living/wildlife/deer-management/

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/living/wildlife/archery/archery-program.htm

They allow managed bow hunting in the county parks.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    I'm sure the police are using AR-15's bc it's their duty weapon and it gives them the oppurtunity to train using live targets.

If I lived there I wouldn't be excited about anyone hunting with a rifle near my house and if it wasn't for the sharp shooting team getting some training out of it I'm sure the govt would probably elect to use something other than center fire rifles.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    Hello Everyone:

I use to work with a guy who had a Master’s degree in biology and explained was the need for the culling of the deer population. His hunting tool was a bow and he would harvest two dears per year in Virginia. I wonder how these snowflakes would feel in one of these dear ended up on their windshield injuring one of their family members?

Thanks

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom