Mossberg 590A1 + magpul stock = amazing!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    So I picked up my new 590A1 a few weeks back from The Gun Shop and immediately had to buy some accessories for it. Since I have short hobbit arms, I thought A shorter stock would be first. A quick search yielded few quality choices. But then I found the magpul stock. There are few pictures on the interwebz of the stock actually on the shotgun. Those I did find were, in my opinion, butt ugly. The length of pull was right, so I ended up getting the set and wow am I glad I did! This has got to be one of the most comfortable stocks I've used on any gun! It's a heavy, solid feeling polymer. Goes on easy. Heck, the fore grip even comes with it's own castle nut wrench! I think the lowest LOP is 12" but comes with several spacers for folks with longer arms. If you have been looking for a new stock, do yourself a favor and grab one of these! Here is a pic. Ill post a few more when I have sun light for better pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 3,892
    Last edited:

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Looks pretty good. I've had the 590A1 on the short list for a while but I'm still recovering from pre-SB281 purchases. Now I'm all fired up for one again lol

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Nice. I just picked up the magpul forend. I was tinking of getting the stock as well but I've already cut the original stock down to fit my short arms.I currentle have a raptor grip installed.
    I may revisit getting the stock.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I actually cut down the stock and put a limbsaver slip on recoil pad on it. It looked good, but it wasn't the feel I was going for. The grip angle and the LOP adjustment is perfect for me with the magpul stock. My other mossbergs will be getting this stock.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    i have a 870 with the magpul set, and i agree...its awesome.

i really dont like pistol grips on shotguns, so this was perfect for me...its a nice cross between tactical and sporting.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I was very impressed the first time I used the magpul stock. Shouldered well, very modular, good cheek weld, extremely comfortable. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. Magpul definitely did a good job with this product.

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    2 Mossberg 590's

Here are two of my Mossbergs; one is a Marine coated tactical stock, site, shell holder. Second is a 590 it said when I purchased from BUDSGUNS. I think it is a 590A1 with a front grip that has lite built in very nice with heat sheild and it came like this, I really do not want to change a thing except the sight, I want to get a Halo, maybe EOTECH. My 3rd Mossberg sits next to bed which is a 500, pistol grip nice and mobile indoors. Love my Mossbergs always have.

Attachments

• IMG_6606.jpg
      IMG_6606.jpg
      70.3 KB · Views: 1,070

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    That is the Magpul MOE hand guard as well. I really like it. Its solid and covers up more of the barrel than the factory hand guard giving you more area to grab onto without burning yourself on a hot barrel.

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    I'm looking at the 590 flex grabagun has a great deal. I was looking at the black aces quad rail or the warhammer has anyone installed those on their 590?

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    So, my 590A1 is finally complete! The SGA stock by magpul is amazing! It is very comfortable to shoot and carry. I also added the S&J Hardware +2 mag extension which looks great and functions flawlessly. I used the magpul forward sling mount, QD sling mount, and MS3 sling for multipurpose carry. the system works very well for when I want to carry the shotgun over my shoulder or if I want it to hang in front of me during shooting sessions. The last part that I added was a Velcro attached shotshell holder made by MFS Tactical. Everything works together very well and I cant wait to get out and shoot this thing again!

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
      photo 1 (1).JPG
      35.6 KB · Views: 848
    • photo 2 (1).JPG
      photo 2 (1).JPG
      29.3 KB · Views: 894
    • photo 4.JPG
      photo 4.JPG
      64.8 KB · Views: 718
    • photo 5.JPG
      photo 5.JPG