• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoCoAR

Ultimate Member
    Nov 15, 2012
    After 35 years with the same checking account I am closing my BOoA checking account.

Anne Finucane, a vice chairman at Bank of America
    Asked about gun shops? “That IS a ways off”

Last edited:

Groundhog33

Dec 8, 2017
    Goodbye, BoA

The good news is that closing an account with BoA is so easy — just spent under 15 minutes transferring my $100+k account to another bank that is not so openly hostile to the 2nd amendment and was paid $500 as part of the promo they are now running for new accounts. Thanks, BoA!

HoCoAR

Ultimate Member
    Nov 15, 2012
    The good news is that closing an account with BoA is so easy — just spent under 15 minutes transferring my $100+k account to another bank that is not so openly hostile to the 2nd amendment and was paid $500 as part of the promo they are now running for new accounts. Thanks, BoA!

Link to your promo?
    Make sure you call into BoA to tell them to close the account when all is said and done.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    My wife's firm (can't mention name) has had a rocky relationship with BoA for a while, but this was the straw....They informed BoA that they would be transitioning all their assets (~ $3.2 M) to another institution that recognizes the importance of our constitutional rights.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Anyone have a good CC alternative to BoA? Not looking for an annual rate, but do like the cash back option.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Our company spends a good bit yearly with BOA cards , it may be time to get into another card .

Does anyone know of a good card with a good point reward system ??

Capital One Spark Business card

Or for consumer cards - Capital One quicksilver

They give you a cash back bonus of $250 to $500 if you spend a certain amount in the fist few months. Plus, you get 1.5% -2% case back.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I just got an offer in the mail from M&T for 250 dollar for opening an account with a direct deposit attached to it for at least 90 days with no ATM fees and reimbursement for other banks fees up to 2 bucks per charge.

I don't care much for M&T but for 250 free dollars, I plan on canning BOA.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Citi double cash back card is a pretty good option for everyday general spending, offers 2% on just about all purchases. If you have a special spending pattern or look for a specific type of rewards such as airline miles, then look for cards catering to those.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Help me out here fellas,
    I wrote letters to every everyone on the board of directors.
    Haven't heard back yet but it's still early.
    NRA just sent a link to the CFPB website urging everyone to file a complaint.
    I don't want to move my accounts but I will if this decision stands.
    What I would much prefer is to get it reversed.
    Help me out with the logic for a valid complaint.
    NRA suggested that collusion between banks and political activists creates a chilling effect on constitutional rights.
    That's enough for me but the better the complaints the more likely they are to get traction.

How about some ideas??

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    So, is everybody just tired of this?

I was actually looking to see some replies to this. I don't see this getting reversed unless it becomes a business issue for BoA. I'm moving my accounts. Hopefully lots of others are as well. This *might* get balanced by people who choose to do business with BoA *because* of their stand.

In my humble opinion, writing a letter with rational points in hopes of getting a reversal is a waste of time. They didn't make this decision on a whim, and a letter from a consumer who remains with them anyway won't make a bit of difference to them.

I'm taking my business elsewhere because my morals and beliefs on freedom are incompatible with theirs and because I simply refuse to trust a bank with my money when they show a clear disregard for personal freedom. I find them dangerous.

Even if they do reverse course, it won't be because they see the light. It will be a business decision.

Good luck though. I hope you succeed.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    My Response

Dear Not_an_outlaw,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your concerns. We recognize you recently closed your account with Bank of America, but we wanted to follow up regarding your email.

Please find attached a letter from our Vice Chairman, Anne Finucane, regarding our policy and what we are trying to do to address the issue of mass shootings in the communities we serve.

Regards,

Enterprise Resolution

Bank Of America.JPG

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Thanks for replying!
    I think you may have missed my point.
    NRA is suggesting that we complain to the federal consumer financial protection bureau. I was looking for ideas on that not my letters to BOA.

As expected, the letters to BOA were a waste of time. I did get a response from the chairman of the board. A very nice canned letter that boiled down to 'we don't give a sh!t what you think'

So yea, I'm gonna pull my accounts and be vocal about why but why not complain to the feds?
    It's all the noise from the other side that's kicking our @ss. We need to reciprocate.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    My Response

Dear Not_an_outlaw,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your concerns. We recognize you recently closed your account with Bank of America, but we wanted to follow up regarding your email.

Please find attached a letter from our Vice Chairman, Anne Finucane, regarding our policy and what we are trying to do to address the issue of mass shootings in the communities we serve.

Regards,

Enterprise Resolution

View attachment 232225

Just saw this - It's just like mine!!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Not a 180. Deal with Remington was made before establishing their new policy.
    They may back out of their commitment. For me it was bye bye BOA, hello Wells Fargo.

They could back out, and another lender would step in.

Ultimately, they want to have it both ways, obtain the benefit of the virtue signalling, and still make money. They can't. Worse, now its obvious and no one will trust them either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom